Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Notes & Attachments for Work Detail Records

Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Enable Notes & Attachments for Work Detail Records

Hi All,

We have a need to attach receipt images specific to each Work Detail (Expense) lines, rather than to the overall Work Order.  I noticed via SFDC, this can be achieved simply by drilling down to the Work Detail record, then Note & Attachment related list is available.  However, can't figure out how to enable this for mobile.  Is it becauses this is beyond two-levels deep from a WO event?

Any advise is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin Yu

Message 1 of 6
5 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Enable Notes & Attachments for Work Detail Records

Hi Kevin Yu​,

Thank you for participating in community.

Please find below solution -

As of the 13.0.1 release of the ServiceMax 14 (Winter '14) iPad app, photos and videos can be attached to records from the iPad. 

To enable this functionality, you will need to enable attachment functionality on the Edit SFM for this object:

- Click ServiceMax Setup | Service Flow Manager | SFM Transaction and Docs Designer | Go.

- Select the custom SFM transaction used to edit the object's records.

- Click on the 'Advanced Setup' tab for this SFM transaction.

- Select the 'Attachment' option, and check the checkbox for the appropriate object.

- Save the SFM transaction.

- Sync Configuration on the iPad.

Once this has been completed, the 'Attachments' section will be available in the Action SFM, and there will be a link to '+Add Photo or Video'.

Only Smart docs and images/videos can be attached to records from the iPad app. It is not possible to attach other types of documents to the Work Order on the iPad.

Additional file types such as .xlsx can be added to the iPad app as attachments by attaching them to the record in the browser, and then performing a data sync on the iPad app.

Step B: Attachments to Records Configuration

Sample Configuration:

====================

• Navigate to Advanced download criteria of Mobile configuration

• This criteria configuration will download only file extensions of “PDF & PNG”.

Note: Advanced download criteria only works on records related to events in the event window

Additional information regarding advanced setup of this feature can be reviewed in the Winter '14 release notes, starting on page 8.

http://release.servicemax.com/Winter14/relnotes.pdf

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,
Soumya

crt_soumyam​

Message 2 of 6
0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi Kevin Yu​,

Thank you for posting here in the community. 

I see that Soumya has provided the information to enable attachment functionality . Did you get a chance to check it out? If the provided information answered your question, I encourage you to mark your question answered.

Thanks!

Regards,

Siva Shankar

crt_sivas​

Message 3 of 6
0 Likes
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Hi Soumya,

Thank you for your reply.  I'm able to attach images/photos to Work Order via my iPhone but trying to enable/configure attachment for Work Detail Lines, which is child to the WO.  The edit WO SFM allows changes to WO detail lines such as Labor & Expenses but would like to further edit WO details to add documents.

Any ideas?

Kevin

Message 4 of 6
0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi Kevin Yu​,

Thank you for your email.I'm checking internally if this is supported. Will provide an update as soon as i find some information.

Thanks,

crt_soumyam​

Message 5 of 6
0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi Kevin Yu​,

Thank you for you patience.

After checking with my leads it is confirmed this feature of attaching documents to the WO lines is supported.

Please look into below documentation

https://userdocs.servicemax.com/ServiceMaxHelp/Spring16/en_us/svmxhlp.htm#MFL/Attachments.htm?Highli...

Please let me know if you still are facing any issue and we can log a case and take it from there.

Thanks,

Soumya

crt_soumyam​

Message 6 of 6
0 Likes