Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Exporting Report Results

Is there any intention to improve the exporting of data that is derived from ServiceMax reports over what is currently offered? From a tabular report there isn't an issue with the data coming out. However, in some of our reports we like to summarize data and add formulas and buckets. As near as I can tell the output from these types of reports is messy, at best, and often times is missing information. If I am speaking incorrectly because of misuse then can I get a documentation source that shows the correct way to process these?

We are trying to get our users to buy into the report generation from ServiceMax but you always have those users who prefer to do everything in Excel.

Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Re: Exporting Report Results

Josh,

There are two ways two export reports. the Printable view and the Export button. The Printable view exports as a merged report and looks much like the report in SFDC. If you have bucketed fields, they should be visible via the Printable view. The Export button is a basic export to excel or csv.

Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Are there any plans to be able to export a report with charts into Excel to allow for further analytics (pivot tables, etc.)?  It would be helpful to pull all the visible, usable data acquired in ServiceMax reports so when it exports into Excel, you can use the additional tools within Excel.  Specifically speaking, let's say I have a threshold of 1.5 hours for any break/fix activity, and I track my team on a weekly basis for average labor hours.  I have a dashboard set up to pull the weekly average, but I have to export into .ppt and draw the threshold line at 1.5 hours.  Is there a way to do this within ServiceMax reporting and I'm just missing it?  Been on line with ServiceMax for a little under 3 months, so still getting feet wet...thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Dan,

The reports and dashboards are standard Salesforce reporting. There's no export feature for the charts. Here's a link to SFDC knowledge article: How can I export a chart or dashboard to excel to print or view?

ServiceMax has been looking for info for what we need above and beyond the SFDC reporting

Irv Chin‌: Irv, do you have any comments on future reporting tools? Exporting charts would be huge!

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

We're planning on some production reporting tools that will provide some additional capabilities above what the current salesforce platform enabled report builder tools provide.  The features will provide PDF, PPT, and Excel type outputs with the ability to embed your formulas and calculations within the reports instead of having to build buckets and formula fields.

Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Irv,

This sounds great. is there a timeframe established yet?

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

we're targetting initial set of functionality in the 2015 timeframe.  These features would be on a very long product cycle to get a full feature set out, but we'd hope we can accommodate some of the more direct use cases with an initial release.

Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Agree with John - that does sound great.  Definitely interested on further information and expected release!

Highlighted

Hi Joshua Phillips​ - Thanks for the discussion topic on this!  I had similar questions come up on this quite a bit, so I share the eagerness to see something like this come to life.  Irv Chin​ - are we potentially any closer to making this a reality hopefully this year? 

0 Likes