cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functionality still required for Site-Centric Work Orders

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Functionality still required for Site-Centric Work Orders

We know there are some great initiatives for the future in the ServiceMax road map, but some of the functionality which used to work wasn't incorporated into the site centric model (one work order, multiple work order lines - one for each product being serviced).

We use the site centric model so that our engineers get one work order per site visit because we have many sites with several, and some with hundreds, of products which need servicing; additionally our customers only want to see one service report for one work order for one visit.

Unfortunately several pieces of functionality were not incorporated with this model and I thought it would be useful to get some feedback from other companies to see if this functionality is relevant for them. 

So the missing functionality is:

1. 1. Auto- entitlement does not work at line level, only at WO header level.  This means if you have an product to be serviced at WO header level the system can determine if the product is covered or is billable.  If you have products on work lines, your technician will need to check each on individually
  2. 2. MTTS: this can only be calculated using data at Work order header level not using data at work line level and so no meaningful information can be calculated to be used in the dispatch process
  3. 3. Technician matching and skills matching rules will only work at Work order header level and not at line level; again not helpful to the dispatch process
  4. 4. History to be downloaded to iPads: only checks the product assigned at Work order header level.  There is no way to check which products are at the line level, therefore history downloaded is either for the one product at header level or for ALL products installed at a customer site.  There is no way to minimize the data downloaded and so sync times take a real hit

PLEASE SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR GETTING THIS FUNCTIONALITY BACK INTO THE SYSTEM BY LIKING THIS POST

Many thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 Replies
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Functionality still required for Site-Centric Work Orders

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for spending the time to detail the missing functionality you have identified.  I understand that we are working with you to further explore the items you listed.  For others looking at this, I will post more information when it is available.

Thanks,

Colby

Colby Lavin - Director Product Management

ServiceMax, Inc.

Message 2 of 6
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Prior to the Summer 14SP release, I could build a service/maintenance contract that would create a location-based PM plan that was site centric (from a location-based Service Plan) and created WO's that included the covered products.  The only limitation at the time, was the work orders did not contain the site address information, only the site name.

Since installing Summer 14SP, the service/maintenance contract has had to be built on a product-based Service Plan, and it is necessary to then select both the location, and products to be serviced on the PM plan.  Is there any more detail about how the location-based plans are meant to work in this latest release?  Most probably finger trouble at my end!

Message 3 of 6

Colby Lavin​ - Do we have anything new to share in regards to our roadmap for some these items?  I just wanted to circle back and hopefully bring some closure to this very interesting thread. 

Message 4 of 6
0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Thanks Christopher Clark​.  No specific new updates other than this is one of two high priority contract enhancements on our roadmap.  This will not be resolved in Summer 15, so I am looking for opportunities beyond this release.

Thanks,
Colby

Colby Lavin - Director Product Management

ServiceMax, Inc.

Message 5 of 6

Hi Andrea,

Based on Colby's reply, it could be some time before we see this functionality.  I encourage you (if you haven't done so already) to log a case with Servicemax Support so we can log an official enhancement request record for you.  This will allow Support to directly communicate with you when the request has been introduced into the roadmap.  Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
0 Likes