cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone been using ServiceMax with Salesforce Lightning?

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Has anyone been using ServiceMax with Salesforce Lightning?

Any better details on getting the Dispatch Console link and SFM Wizards to display?

Message 1 of 11
10 Replies
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Re: Has anyone been using ServiceMax with Salesforce Lightning?

I have been playing around with it in one of our SBs and have found most things are working. I've only just started this past weekend after attending the #lightningnow tour by SFDC. You'll need to make sure you have the SFM Wizards available as VF pages then add those to the page layouts. In our org they were made available via the ServiceMax Configurator during an upgrade but we are still using the S-Controls on our page layouts. I switched them in the SB and then they show in Lightning. However, you currently do not have access to check the box to allow them to be used as components. I have posted and idea for that   There is documentation that handover SFMs will not work, but I have not tested that yet. There is also some guidance for the DC at How to Add Dispatch Console to Lightning After Upgrading to ServiceMax Summer 16

Message 2 of 11
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Aine Johnson and Shiva Perez , can you share with the community how Salesforce Lightening is working for you now you have been using it for a while? 

We are looking at moving over at some point and are very interested to learn about any challenges. 

One thing we have been told is that there is a Salesforce limit to the number of formula fields Lightening can handle.

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Regards, Richard 

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 3 of 11
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

I am no longer using ServiceMax in my current job. Sorry - wish I could be more help.

Message 4 of 11
0 Likes
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Probably good to check with Smax team on whether there is a tool that can be used to identify "items that need changing" in order to have a seamless SMax experience with lightning enabled (similar to the option that Salesforce provides which runs a report on the org and lists conflicting components).

Message 5 of 11
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Not to worry. Thanks Aine. 

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 6 of 11
0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Enabling Custom Links:

Salesforce Lightning UI – Enabling Custom Links

https://userdocs.servicemax.com/ServiceMaxHelp/182/en_us/svmxhlp.htm#LightningUICodeSnippets.htm?Hig...

Dispatch Console

1. Create Visualforce pages for the Dispatch Console component by using the following code:

<apex:page >
<script type="text/javascript">
   window.onload = newWindowDC();

function newWindowDC(){
      var urlString = '/apex/SVMXC__Dcon_DispatchConsole_JS?isdtp=mn';
      try{
         var strCommunityName = '';
         strCommunityName = "{!$Site.Prefix}";
         if(strCommunityName.length != 0)
           urlString = strCommunityName+urlString;
         window.open(urlString, '', 'resizable=1,status=0,toolbar=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=1');
   }
    catch(err){
         window.open(urlString, '', 'resizable=1,status=0,toolbar=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=1');
   }

//Navigate back to previous page
   if( (typeof sforce != 'undefined') && (sforce != null) ) {
      sforce.one.back();
   }
  }
</script>
</apex:page>

1. Create Visualforce tabs and associate them with the Visualforce pages created in the above step.
Message 7 of 11
Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

We have been using SF Lightning with ServiceMax (we are on Autumn 17) since April of 2018.  Everything functions just fine but the ServiceMax screens in Lightning are indeed 'ugly' compared to the sleek Lightning page design.

Nice-looking Lightning:

Sleek.png

Not-so-nice-looking ServiceMax:

NotSoSleek.png

Can't wait for better ServiceMax UI!

Message 8 of 11
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

If you go to settings you can enabled the SVMXC Lightning UI which matches Salesforce.  See latest release documentation for your version (18.2 and up I believe).

Message 9 of 11
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Excellent, another reason to upgrade to the latest release here very soon!

Message 10 of 11