cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change a ServiceMax field label? We would like to call Order Type with Visit Type.

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

How can I change a ServiceMax field label? We would like to call Order Type with Visit Type.

I actually have several ServiceMax created fields that need their Field Label changed.  Can this be done and if so, how?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: How can I change a ServiceMax field label? We would like to call Order Type with Visit Type.

Hi Kate,

You can use Salesforce translation workbench to change a ServiceMax managed custom field label.

Salesforce setup >> Translation Workbench >> Override >> Package: ServiceMax >> Language: Select Language >> Setup Component: Custom Field >> Object: Work Order >> Aspect: Field Label >> Search for Order Type field and change the Field Label Override value.

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Re: How can I change a ServiceMax field label? We would like to call Order Type with Visit Type.

YOU ROCK!  Thank you this is a huge time and work Saver

0 Likes
Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Mourad

Since you were so quick with the Field Label Override answer...I have another one for you...I have a ServiceMax text field in my Installed Products Object.  I have a Formula Text Field on in my Work Order object that pulls that content for the Installed Products Field and displays it in the Work Order Formula Field.  Now my users would like to be able to edit the value...I have tried to create a Text field and use the Formula as a default value for the text page that would allow editing if necessary by our Field Techs.  Any ideas here?

Thanks

Kate

0 Likes
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Here are few options:

1. Expose Installed Product record to Field Techs so they can update directly IP record details
    • Configure IP record in Mobile Configuration (Advanced Download Criteria to download IP to mobile client)
    • Create SFM View to display IP record
    • Create SFM Edit to update IP record
    • Create SFM Wizard if necessary
  2. Expose the text field on the WO to let Field Techs updating the information. To copy the content from WO to IP, here are few options:
    • Process Builder
    • Apex Trigger

Please let me know if you need any help on above options.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Thanks for the options.  Mourad

Option 1 - won't fly with management

The IP's are already exposed to the Field Techs "too many steps"  have new management that is the KISS principal extreme.  OK  so in out work from the Notes will originate from the IP record and it is pulled to the WO using the IP Serial Number.  The SFMs run a little slow in the field (my guys are actually in fields most of the time, we are an Solar Inverter Company).

Option 2 - might work if I could figure out a way with Process Builder

I am not a coder so the Apex Trigger is out, but I do use the Process Builder more and more but I could figure out how to get the data from the IP text field into a new text field on WO's that displays the IP text/note on in the still editable field.  I tried Update Record any other direction you can offer?

Thanks

Kate

0 Likes