Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make a managed field not visible for a particular profile

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

How can I make a managed field not visible for a particular profile

I have some users who will not be using contracts etc but will be using the same page layout on a work order as other users who do use contracts. I am trying to make the Work Order Details Discount % field not visible in a particular profile so that it does not show in the related list on the work order. Although I have changed the profile to say not visible, the field still appears.

Is it possible to make this field not visible?

Highlighted

Re: How can I make a managed field not visible for a particular profile

Was the change to remove access done directly from the profile or on the field from the object? Can you verify the Field Level Security for the field in object "Work Detail" and ensure that the visible flag is unchecked against the profile?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

It turns out that there was a permission set that was allowing access to those fields which is why they were still being shown.

Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Gill Cook​, very glad to hear your issue is resolved. Can you mark this question as assumed answer or mark your own reply as the correct answer please?

Thanks, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
0 Likes