cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a Service Report Output doc in the language of the Account or Contact on the Work Order?

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

How do I create a Service Report Output doc in the language of the Account or Contact on the Work Order?

Jump to solution

Our technicians travel to foreign countries commonly and we need to submit the service report as an output doc in the local language for that customer.

Example: Technician A is based in the UK and speaks English. Tech A is sent to a complex job in Switzerland to a customer that speaks French. While Tech A is in Switzerland, tech A visits another customer in-country that speaks German.

All service reports should render in the language of the customer, not the technician (logged in user).

Message 1 of 16
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Re: How do I create a Service Report Output doc in the language of the Account or Contact on the Work Order?

Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

We have solved this by adding a custom field to the location(site) object that specifies the customer prefered output document language.

On the WO we have added a formula field that reads the language information from the location.

Then we have created an output document SFM for each language that we use and added these SFMs to individual wizards that will show based on the content of the WO language field.

Simple but effective.

Kind regards

Bram de Jong

Message 6 of 16
15 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: How do I create a Service Report Output doc in the language of the Account or Contact on the Work Order?

Jump to solution

Hi Michael Majerus,

Thank you for posting here in the community.

I know that it is something that a lot of individuals would love to know about.

I have found content but will post that shortly once I have been able to consolidate it.

Regards,

Siva

crt_sivas​

Message 2 of 16
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

Hello Siva,

Any update on the content you found? We are actively looking for a supported solution to this issue. Thank you!

Message 3 of 16
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Siva,

do you have any update on this?

we do have exactly the same requirements.

BR

Michael

Message 4 of 16
Line Chef
Line Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Siva,

we have the same issue. Have you a solution for this issue?

My idea was that it must be posible like the change from "true"/"false" to "Yes"/"No" with Checkbox in doc designer . But my tests were not successfull.

Kind Regards,

Marcel Schwarze

Message 5 of 16
Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

We have solved this by adding a custom field to the location(site) object that specifies the customer prefered output document language.

On the WO we have added a formula field that reads the language information from the location.

Then we have created an output document SFM for each language that we use and added these SFMs to individual wizards that will show based on the content of the WO language field.

Simple but effective.

Kind regards

Bram de Jong

Message 6 of 16
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Jump to solution

Yes, that's an good idea.
Do you do this only on Location level? An idea is to add the field "Communication Language" on Account level as well. This can be filled for the Location from the Account lookup.
When you have different languages for several countries this can be used as selection for the different language layouts for the Service Report.

Kind Regards,  

Hans van Mil
Senior CRM Solution Consultant ServiceMax | Group IT

Email: hans.vanmil@dormakaba.com

Message 7 of 16
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Hans,

Yes on location level as (key) accounts could have locations cross-border

/Bram

Message 8 of 16
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Jump to solution

OK, understand.
This Communication Language field is a Picklist Item type I presume.
Like items as: DE - NL - EN - FR - IT - SP

Kind Regards,  

Hans van Mil
Senior CRM Solution Consultant ServiceMax | Group IT

Email: hans.vanmil@dormakaba.com

Message 9 of 16
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

Yes, we simply use: English, French, Spanish, Portugese, Italian  etc.

Message 10 of 16