cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I limit checklists assigned to installed products to only show up on the service report for specific Order Types / Billing Types?

Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

How do I limit checklists assigned to installed products to only show up on the service report for specific Order Types / Billing Types?

Jump to solution

I have a PM checklist built for a certain group of products, but now it shows up on every service report for those products - regardless if the Order Type is PM or not.  I tried using Criteria, etc - but I can't get it to stop populating on a non-PM Order Type service report.  I was able to add the criteria so the Maintain Checklist SFM is deactivated for non-PM work orders, but that is as far as I have gotten successfully.  Thanks for any help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired
Retired

Re: How do I limit checklists assigned to installed products to only show up on the service report for specific Order Types / Billing Types?

Jump to solution

Dan,

The SFM designer screenshots you have attached above show the transaction type to be 'as Standalone for the purpose of editing an existing record'. However, the principle I have mentioned in my previous reply applies. Whenever this transaction is invoked, it will show the Checklist sections.

You have to create another SFM transaction of the same type, but without the Checklist sections. The Work Order qualifying criteria for your existing transaction should be configured to match only PM work orders, and the Work Order qualifying criteria for the new transaction without Checklist sections should match only non-PM work orders. You need to add both the transactions to your SFM wizard (you can reuse the corresponding qualifying criteria for the wizard steps - this will ensure that the wizard buttons are enabled / disabled as appropriate).

With the above configuration, PM work orders will match the existing transaction and non-PM work orders will match the new transaction.

Regards,

Meenakshi.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Retired
Retired

Re: How do I limit checklists assigned to installed products to only show up on the service report for specific Order Types / Billing Types?

Jump to solution

Dan Schiess‌,

If your service report (SFM transaction of type Output Document) has Work Order as the header object and PM Checklist as a child object, then the child (Lines) section will always show in the service report. This cannot be handled through qualifying criteria.

For your scenario, you can define two service reports - one with the PM Checklist child object and one without PM Checklist. You can define qualifying criteria for Work Order in these service reports in such a way that the one with PM Checklist will match only the PM work orders and the one without the PM Checklist will match only the non-PM work orders.

Hope I understood your requirement and issue description correctly. If not, you can provide more details about the service report SFM (may be screenshots of the report definition in SFM Designer) to clarify the issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi.

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Jump to solution

Thanks Meenakshi.  Here are a couple of screenshots showing the SFM and the Qual. Crit.  I believe it is set up as a child record of the Work Order from what I can tell.WO Checklist SFM.pngWO Checklist SFM QC.png

0 Likes
Retired
Retired

Jump to solution

Dan,

The SFM designer screenshots you have attached above show the transaction type to be 'as Standalone for the purpose of editing an existing record'. However, the principle I have mentioned in my previous reply applies. Whenever this transaction is invoked, it will show the Checklist sections.

You have to create another SFM transaction of the same type, but without the Checklist sections. The Work Order qualifying criteria for your existing transaction should be configured to match only PM work orders, and the Work Order qualifying criteria for the new transaction without Checklist sections should match only non-PM work orders. You need to add both the transactions to your SFM wizard (you can reuse the corresponding qualifying criteria for the wizard steps - this will ensure that the wizard buttons are enabled / disabled as appropriate).

With the above configuration, PM work orders will match the existing transaction and non-PM work orders will match the new transaction.

Regards,

Meenakshi.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Jump to solution

Thanks Meenakshi - this definitely will work.  Tried it out in the sandbox and it will put it in production after hours. Just have to design a new output document template.  Even though I cloned the SFM, it doesn't bring in the original template, or allow me to select the original SFM's template. It brings in other templates, but unfortunately not the original one off of which this was based.

Retired
Retired

Jump to solution

Dan,

When you clone an SFM transaction, the original template (or page layout) will not be selected by default, though the fields and sections from the original template (/page layout) are displayed in the Template Designer (/Screen Designer) tab.

If you do not change the target child object list (by adding or removing targets) in the first tab of SFM Designer after cloning, then you can still select the original template (/page layout) and associate it with the cloned transaction.

If you change the target child object list (by adding or removing targets) after cloning, then you cannot select the original template (/page layout); you will see only the templates (/page layouts) which match the changed target object list.

However, even in this case, by default, the sections and fields of the header object and the child objects (if any) retained from the original transaction are shown in the Template Designer (/Screen Designer) from the original template (/page layout). You can enter a name for the template (/page layout) and save this, to avoid having to redesign it from scratch.

Regards,

Meenakshi.

Line Chef
Line Chef

Jump to solution

Dan,

We are currently in our 2nd iteration and deciding what is the best solution for our field techs: checklists dependent on WO type, de-brief dependent on WO type or a 3rd party integration. I would prefer to use the SMax checklist object to limit exposure and tech WO time to completion. What was the feedback you received as to best option for the field? Ease of use, client facing output docs, etc.

Greatly appreciated!

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Alan,

Sorry for taking so long to respond.  This is creeping back up on our priority list, as we are really tying to get paperless.  I've reached out to my ServiceMax contacts to get information on vendors who do a nice job creating checklists.  I would like to keep it as native to ServiceMax as possible, and hope to have a good deal of flexbility on how/when we choose to initiate a checklist.  I will let you know how it goes!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi all! We're having a Design Time session on the new SFM Designer on Tuesday the 10th. I thought you all might be interested, so please see the event page for more details!

Thanks! Design Time: Designer 2.0 (PS - RSVP yes or maybe and I'll drop a meeting calendar on your schedule)

---
Check out my signature
- one of the cool features of our community. Edit yours under "Personal Information".
0 Likes