cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I restrict Work Orders that can been seen to only those that the user owns?

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

How do I restrict Work Orders that can been seen to only those that the user owns?

I am creating a new profile for our contractors and have come unstuck slightly!  I am trying to restrict which WOs our contractors have access to, so was wondering how I ensure that on their profile it limits the WOs to only those that they own.

Any ideas..?

Message 1 of 3
2 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: How do I restrict Work Orders that can been seen to only those that the user owns?

To restrict access to records of any objects, you need to use Sharing Settings (Salesforce Setup > Administer/Administration Setup > Security Controls). Profile permissions control access to objects and fields.

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Re: How do I restrict Work Orders that can been seen to only those that the user owns?

Hello,

Go to Setup > Administer/Administration Setup > Security Controls > Sharing Settings,  Set the Default Internal Access of the Work Order object to Private.

Private

Only users who are granted access by ownership, permissions, role hierarchy, manual sharing, or sharing rules can access the records.

Only that record owner and users above that roles in an hierarchy can view, edit and report on those records.

Regards,

Robbie

Message 3 of 3