Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I setup Servicemax in a Sandbox?

Highlighted
Line Chef
Line Chef

How do I setup Servicemax in a Sandbox?

Jump to solution

One of my team members is having trouble getting Servicemax running in the SFDC Sandbox we had set up(Developer Pro Sandbox), the copy was made from our SFDC Production ORG but Servicemax has "Greyed out" buttons. Has anyone experienced this when making refreshing or opening a new sandbox?

Inline image 1

Message 1 of 3
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I setup Servicemax in a Sandbox?

Jump to solution

Hi Ryan Mullen​,

Stephen Lortscher​ is correct.  To give a little more context around this, developer sandboxes cannot store the same amount of data that your full sandboxes and production orgs can.  Due to this, when you refresh your sandbox, object records are not brought over in the refresh.  ServiceMax configurations are all stored as custom object records, so just like your regular records, these are not brought over to the dev sandbox.  Seed data needs to be loaded into the sandbox after it has been refreshed.  Please feel to log a case with us and we can assist you with this.

Have a great day!

Dez Szloboda

crt_desiraes​

Message 3 of 3
2 Replies
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Ryan Mullen​,

The ServiceMax buttons are greyed out since ServiceMax Configuration does not get copied over when you refresh a Dev or Dev Pro Sandbox.  You would need to do the following steps:

-Run the ServiceMax Configurator for the sandbox org (this can be done after obtaining the Installation Key from ServiceMax).  If you have not done this before I would suggest logging a case with ServiceMax support for assistance

-Use the ServiceMax Migration (https://migrate.servicemax.com/MigrationTool/) tool to bring down any Custom SFM's, Wizards, ServiceMax Group/Org Profiles, etc.

I would advise having at least one Full Sandbox.  When refreshed, all ServiceMax configurations will migrate over appropriately. 

Hope that helps

Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi Ryan Mullen​,

Stephen Lortscher​ is correct.  To give a little more context around this, developer sandboxes cannot store the same amount of data that your full sandboxes and production orgs can.  Due to this, when you refresh your sandbox, object records are not brought over in the refresh.  ServiceMax configurations are all stored as custom object records, so just like your regular records, these are not brought over to the dev sandbox.  Seed data needs to be loaded into the sandbox after it has been refreshed.  Please feel to log a case with us and we can assist you with this.

Have a great day!

Dez Szloboda

crt_desiraes​

Message 3 of 3