cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you update expired Contracts & PM Plans?

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

How do you update expired Contracts & PM Plans?

Jump to solution

I would like to know how others update their service contracts and pm plans once they have expired.

Do you manually update them?

Do you have an auto update process?

- if so, what did you do to create the process?

We currently update manually - and just recently developed an auto update process in Process Builder, currently being tested. I am curious to know if there are other ways to create the auto update feature.

Message 1 of 5
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Re: How do you update expired Contracts & PM Plans?

Jump to solution

Hi Omar,

I may have phrased my questions incorrectly. I was trying to find out how other people update their expired contracts and pm plans.

I was able to research and find that an SFM transaction worked best. I created an SFM transaction for each object to have the status updated once today's date was past the expiration date of those objects. Then I scheduled the SFM transaction to run on a weekly basis.

Thank you,

Madison S

Message 3 of 5
4 Replies
Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Omar,

I may have phrased my questions incorrectly. I was trying to find out how other people update their expired contracts and pm plans.

I was able to research and find that an SFM transaction worked best. I created an SFM transaction for each object to have the status updated once today's date was past the expiration date of those objects. Then I scheduled the SFM transaction to run on a weekly basis.

Thank you,

Madison S

Message 3 of 5
Line Chef
Line Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Madison,

Thanks for this post - we currently update manually but always meant to try and automate. I think I will 'steal' your SFM solution

Thanks

Neil

Message 4 of 5
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Jump to solution

Great! I am so glad this could help!

I have notes documented if you have any questions about the setup.

Regards,

Madison S

Message 5 of 5