cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long can an event be scheduled on the display counsel? More than 14 days?

Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

How long can an event be scheduled on the display counsel? More than 14 days?

I am wondering if this limitation has been corrected by Servicemax team?

If no, I would  like to add this to theri list of enhancements.

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: How long can an event be scheduled on the display counsel? More than 14 days?

Hi Samuel -  As you are probably already well aware ServiceMax uses the standard SFDC Event object which is limited to creating events not longer than 14 days.  The ServiceMax managed package does have a custom object called "ServiceMax Event" which does not have this limitation but this object stores Calendar events for technicians that are not Salesforce users as well as equipment whose calendars are tracked for dispatching.  The purpose of this object is so non-SFDC Technicians work order events will be visible on the Dispatch console since non-SFDC users can't use the SFDC Event object.

I have heard the ServiceMax Product team is aware of this but I am not sure what the current status is.   You may also want to post this question in the Product Hub so the ServiceMax product team will be sure to see it.  rajesh.rao

events‌

0 Likes
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: How long can an event be scheduled on the display counsel? More than 14 days?

Great news!  Support for >14 day events looks like it's coming in the ServiceMax Winter 15 release.  PLEASE NOTE - what is included in the Winter 15 GA release is always subject to change by the Product team so read the release notes and stayed tuned for further updates.  samuel.mendes‌ 

events‌

Highlighted

Hi Samuel Mendes​ - As per my colleague Mike Monin​ - This was available in the ServiceMax Winter 15 release.  Have you had a chance to test it out?  We would love to hear your feedback and experience with this if so! 

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

We frequently use this functionality and it works well.  Only problem we have found is that the QTY of work details that can be entered from the ipad reaches a limit somewhere near 50, so techs will not be able to continue to add additional labor lines  or parts etc. once reached.  It will allow adding on the server side, but that is not necessarily functional.  Have a case pending currently.

Highlighted

Hi Antonino Scappaticci​ - Looks like this has been addressed in the Spring 15 SP build, as a heads up. 

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Was this fixed prior to Spring 15 SP? It seems to still be an issue and I'm using Spring 15 (NON SP)

0 Likes