cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show multiple technicians on a Work Order?

This widget could not be displayed.
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

How to show multiple technicians on a Work Order?

Jump to solution

I am looking for the best way to show all dispatched technicians within the WO object.

One reason is to track the time spent. Typically, our WOs are longer than 1 day, and if 2 people are there on the first day, but only 1 person on the second I would like to be able to record this, and track time.

The other reason, is I want to use WO for external training events. If I could have the WO hold all the people that have been dispatched, once it gets closed I could automatically get the skill of the training added to each technicians expertise.

Unfortunately the main stumbling block here is recording multiple technicians per work order

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: How to show multiple technicians on a Work Order?

Jump to solution

Hi Kevin,

when assigning a single Tech to a work order, standard ServiceMax configuration sets the Technician lookup to the relevant Tech. However for multiple assignment, the system is only able to store the Primary Tech against the Work Order. The other Techs assigned via Dispatch Console have an event created in their calendar which gives them access and (depending on your configuration) the ability to record time, materials etc.

What I would suggest is that you use the Work Details for the Work Order to determine which Tech has been spending what time on the WO. When a Tech adds a Work Detail the system will log who added it, so you can build a report to collate and analyse this information as required.

The requirement you have for updating the expertise of the techs who have completed the training order I think would need some more analysis, but at this point I think it would have to be a customisation with an Apex trigger needed to meet the need you have.

hope this gives some clarity,
Paul

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Kevin,

when assigning a single Tech to a work order, standard ServiceMax configuration sets the Technician lookup to the relevant Tech. However for multiple assignment, the system is only able to store the Primary Tech against the Work Order. The other Techs assigned via Dispatch Console have an event created in their calendar which gives them access and (depending on your configuration) the ability to record time, materials etc.

What I would suggest is that you use the Work Details for the Work Order to determine which Tech has been spending what time on the WO. When a Tech adds a Work Detail the system will log who added it, so you can build a report to collate and analyse this information as required.

The requirement you have for updating the expertise of the techs who have completed the training order I think would need some more analysis, but at this point I think it would have to be a customisation with an Apex trigger needed to meet the need you have.

hope this gives some clarity,
Paul

View solution in original post

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Jump to solution

We do the same thing,  Each tech signs in and attaches a labor line item for hours worked.  If the total hours worked are lumped in to a quote for the techs.

I have them log it as a line item but change the price to zero.  and the lead tech puts two line items one for his time at zero and 1 for the total at the quoted price.