cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Line Chef brughn
Line Chef

Inactive Picklist Values

Jump to solution

I have an inactive picklist value that users are able to apply to work orders. I am stumped how this is possible as it was never active. Has anyone ever come across this type of situation before?

Message 1 of 6
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: Inactive Picklist Values

Jump to solution

Hello,

Picklist values in the SFM or in the standard use of salesforce interface?  Maybe the value its still available in the record type of that specific user?  https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=customize_recordtype_considerations.htm&type=5

Message 5 of 6
5 Replies
Retired

Jump to solution

I saw this issue in another case and the resolution was to make sure the Record type ID field is added to the SFM Screen designer / SFM page layout.  Perhaps this will help.

Message 2 of 6
0 Likes
Line Chef brughn
Line Chef

Jump to solution

Thank you, I will look into this. I am sure the record is on the SFM as the users are using the record. But possibly something else is there enabling on SFM allowing their ability to use inactive values.

Message 3 of 6
0 Likes
Retired

Jump to solution

I am referring specifically to the Record Type ID, not the Record Type Name.  If you need help with this after you have had a chance to look at it, respond back here.

Message 4 of 6
0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Hello,

Picklist values in the SFM or in the standard use of salesforce interface?  Maybe the value its still available in the record type of that specific user?  https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=customize_recordtype_considerations.htm&type=5

Message 5 of 6
Line Chef brughn
Line Chef

Jump to solution

Yes, the picklist was still available on an SFM that wasn't supposed to be used. Once found and removed issue has been resolved!

Thank you.

Message 6 of 6
0 Likes