Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Installed Production

Jump to solution

In creating installed products, under the configuration section I select choose columns, but even thou i edit and save the set up, then leave the session and return. The screen returns to the orginal set up.

Did I do something wrong or is the Service function?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Installed Production

Jump to solution

It sounds like your clicking on the "Installed Products" tab and that takes you to the "RECENT Installed Products" View (see screen shot #1).  That default view is controlled by the Page Layout "Search Layouts" (See screen shot #2).  You can change those columns by editing the Page Layout then Edit the "Installed Products Tab" (see my second screen shot below).

Shot #1:

Shot #2:

installedproducts‌ tabs‌

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Sam - do you have a screen shot?  Are you in the native SFDC page layout edit mode or in the ServiceMax SFM transaction designer?  I'm trying to understand.  installedproducts‌

0 Likes
Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Jump to solution

Are you looking at the setup screen as one of your users or are you modifying the setup screen for them but you are another profile? You will want to make sure the page layout you are expecting to see is one that your profile defaults to. A lot of times I set up pages and then forget to update the page layout that Sys Admin should see so it looks different.

Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Jump to solution

A picture is worth 1000 words - I am not a developer but rather the typical user.

I would selct the columns i need, save, then goto another IP but then this view refers back to a standard.

Is this the way it should work in Service max or do i need to speak to key users for set up changes?

Appreciate your reply.

Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Jump to solution

When you say you select your columns are you creating views or page layout?

Here is an example of the Installed Product view. Is this what you are talking about?:

IP Pic.jpg

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

It sounds like your clicking on the "Installed Products" tab and that takes you to the "RECENT Installed Products" View (see screen shot #1).  That default view is controlled by the Page Layout "Search Layouts" (See screen shot #2).  You can change those columns by editing the Page Layout then Edit the "Installed Products Tab" (see my second screen shot below).

Shot #1:

Shot #2:

installedproducts‌ tabs‌

View solution in original post