Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Inventory Process Query

Hi all,

I hope someone has a solution for this or any ideas?

We have a custom inventory process set up, which on completion of the T&M page there is an automatic handover to the Post to Inventory page. The reason this was implemented as this was an area that got 'forgotten' about and often led to stock negative and issues within our ERP system as stock wasn't posted to inventory correctly.

This process is defined to look for, within the Work Detail lines:

Posted to Inventory = FALSE
Line Type = PARTS

If this criteria is met then on saving the T&M section it will automatically take the user to the Post to Inventory section (browser users only), but what we find is that the process executes whether the above conditions are met or not, if there are parts lines and post to inventory is TRUE then the process un-necessarily runs resulting in an error screen.

How do we make it so that the process only runs if the above is met, if the above isn't met then it should skip the process and not take the browser to the Post to Inventory page (as clearly there is nothing pending Post to Inventory?)

Any ideas would be welcomed?

Regards,

Mark

0 Likes
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Re: Inventory Process Query

Richard Lewis​ is this something you might be able to help with do you think?

BR, Mark

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

HI Mark, can you share some more details on how you are technically delivering this functionality. Is it code or config. If config then what config? Linked SFMs maybe?

If you are able to share then some screenshots would also assist.

It feels like there is a timing issue of when the fields you are checking get set or possibly an access issue to those fields.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Thanks Richard, will reach out to you separately.

BR

Mark

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Mark, as per our email,

Add entry criteria on work order order status. It looks like that is what you intended to do but on the screenshots the entry critera section is blank. It is possible not having this is causing the unexpected behaviour you are seeing.

Re reading I have another thought. Can you get your criteria at the Work Order level. A roll up field that shows if that work order has work detail lines to process. You could have a field on your work detail that said 1 if it needed to be processed and then roll that field up to work order level. Not sure if the work detail field can be a formula, maybe. Otherwise you will need to set it using a workflow field update, salesforce process builder or code.

Use the workflow with caution as it can cause re-execution of your triggers and then you hit limits.

You can then use that roll up field in your entry criteria for work order.

I have a feeling it only does the work detail eligibility checks once you have entered it which is why you are entering it every time as you have no entry criteria set.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
0 Likes
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi Richard Lewis, we are unable to get the entry criteria set to a point which would consider the work order record. I think the reason for this is the entry which will qualify the WO to enter this process is dependent upon work detail lines, and the assessment by the process if the line is posted to inventory (or not). When I look at the entry criteria there is no field I can use to be assessed for compliance and therefore instigate the process handover rule from T&M to Post to Inventory. Its a tricky one, we have logged a ticket with support for them to hopefully provide us some solutions for this and/or a work around. The removal of this step (when it isn't necessary) will save our admin people lots of time in processing completed WO's which are returned by our engineers. Thank you nonetheless for your support during my investigations, they are as always, most helpful.

BR, Mark

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Mark, did you have a look at a new roll up field on the Work Order you could use for entry criteria? I assume if you did that you are hitting some sort of timing issue with the sequence of updates and a field update etc needing to sync back to the server first? Let us know how you get on.

Regards, Richard

0 Likes