cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to add some functionality to the Finalize button in Smart Docs?

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Re: Is it possible to add some functionality to the Finalize button in Smart Docs?

Jump to solution

This is only done within the browser – this document is not created on the IPad.

Gill Cook

Database/Systems Developer

Tel: +44 (1223)577941

email: gill.cook@incadigital.com<mailto:gill.cook@incadigital.com>

Message 11 of 15
0 Likes
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Re: Is it possible to add some functionality to the Finalize button in Smart Docs?

Jump to solution

What you're describing is something that an online user could do regardless of whether or not the delete icon was present when displaying the output doc.

They could simply go back to the work order, scroll down to the attachments, then delete whatever document they like.

There are tons of discussions out there in the Salesforce community discussing this issue and unfortunately no good answers.

I don't have anything implemented myself, but one idea would be to add a trigger so that only PDFs can't be deleted from the Attachment object (it would have to throw an error). You can't do a validation on the Attachment object either. You would have to limit it to PDFs since smax uses temp files to generate the PDF that they need to delete afterwards.

Message 12 of 15
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

It is true that the user could create the document and then delete it.

I want the wizard to prevent the next step in the process unless the document has been generated so if the user uses the delete icon because they don’t like what it has and want to re-generate it , they will not be able to because the status indicates that it has been saved.

I think I will have to add another button where the user manually declares they have a document saved which then changes the status – also open to abuse but probably the best I can do here.

Thanks for confirming that I cannot do this rather than me just thinking I do not know how ☺

Gill Cook

Database/Systems Developer

Tel: +44 (1223)577941

email: gill.cook@incadigital.com<mailto:gill.cook@incadigital.com>

Message 13 of 15
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Jump to solution

If that's the way you go, I would consider an intermediate status that enables that wizard with your buttons. You could have two buttons that run background SFMs (Yes and No) that either move the status forward or back.

It wouldn't hurt to open a ticket on it either and get an official recommendation. There may be a way to disable that delete icon that isn't documented (custom CSS?)

Message 14 of 15
Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Jump to solution

Yes, this is exactly what you'd want to do.

We added a step between Debrief and Finalize to help us and our techs keep track of completed, but unsigned work orders.

We go from Tech Onsite -> Pending Customer Signoff -> Ready to Invoice.

Message 15 of 15