cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Grill Chef d_sweeney48
Grill Chef

Is there a limit when using the ServiceMax Migration Tool?

Jump to solution

I was attempting a migration and the following error popped up in the Migration Tool window.

org.json.JSONObject$Null cannot be cast to org.json.JSONObject

I was trying to move 80 Transactions, 27 Wizards, and 10 other components at the time.

Any insight into potential limitations would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is there a limit when using the ServiceMax Migration Tool?

Jump to solution

Hi Dan,

Great question and one that I have been asked before.  Attached is a reference guide on the limits imposed by Salesforce, which extend to the migration tool.  I hope this helps.

https://resources.docs.salesforce.com/198/latest/en-us/sfdc/pdf/salesforce_app_limits_cheatsheet.pdf

Thanks,

ChrisM.

#crt_chrism

Message 2 of 4
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi Dan,

Great question and one that I have been asked before.  Attached is a reference guide on the limits imposed by Salesforce, which extend to the migration tool.  I hope this helps.

https://resources.docs.salesforce.com/198/latest/en-us/sfdc/pdf/salesforce_app_limits_cheatsheet.pdf

Thanks,

ChrisM.

#crt_chrism

Message 2 of 4
Grill Chef d_sweeney48
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

Thanks Chris. I meant a limitation on how many specific transactions can be moved at one time. This was for a very large implementation and choosing less and less transactions until the error went away wasn't very efficient. Do you know if there are any best practice ballpark numbers that may help in  future deployments?

Message 3 of 4
0 Likes
Pastry Chef slortscher
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

Dan Sweeney​ ,

I have ran into this issue previously as well.  I agree, choosing less until the error went away is not very efficient.  My rule of thumb is to move 20 items max within each transaction.  Since the complexity of each SFM can vary significantly, therefore more variance in associated ServiceMax Processes/Config/Config Data records,  20 has seemed to be the magic number for me where I have not run into that issue. 

Message 4 of 4