cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to bulk log all ServiceMax users out?

mark_v3553
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Is there a way to bulk log all ServiceMax users out?

Hi all,

Is there a way that as org wide system administrator I can bulk log all users out of ServiceMax?

Regards,
Mark

0 Likes
scott_willis
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Re: Is there a way to bulk log all ServiceMax users out?

I would imagine creating a view, from which you can generate an output doc, is possible. You would have to add the download criteria to be available to the mobile config profile you want it to be available in. The org wide sysadmin would have to be associated with a ServiceMax profile, which is not the case in our environment, and I am uncertain whether the same would be for yours.

What data are you wanting to show up in your log?

0 Likes
mark_v3553
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

No I am sorry maybe I wasn’t clear @Scott Willis – I need to force every user out of ServiceMax (browser and iPad) we are completing some deployment on Monday and I want every user logged out of the system.

0 Likes
scott_willis
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

In SalesForce setup, you would go to Manage Apps > Connected Apps OAuth Usage

oauht.png

Find the apps you want to Log the users out of, and Click on the User Count

head.png

foot.png

Then Revoke all at the top of the next page

revoke.png

0 Likes
mark_v3553
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Thanks Scott, I will have a look at this – if I use the ‘Block’ will that kick everyone out of ServiceMax until I re-enable it? I also don’t see where I can end back off sessions in ServiceMax browser on Google Chrome?

scott_willis
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Any changes to SFM that cause an interruption in its functionality, will immediately affect any logged in users, and even the ones you manage to logout remotely will likely have to "Clear ServiceMax Cache" which can be found in any SFM in the web browser at the very top right. Depending on the users SFM Settings, this menu Item will be either Text or an icon resembling the universal symbol for Recycle.

cache.PNG

cacheicon.PNG

0 Likes
richard_lewis
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Mark the suggestion about login hours for the profiles used by the browser users may work.  I am not sure if this would log users out when they tried to edit or view and additional record etc. Again needs testing. 

Regards, Richard 

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
0 Likes
richard_lewis
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

HI Mark, be careful whatever you end up doing and TEST it first. I suggest that you for Monday and accept the risk of users being logged in (assuming you are doing your deployment in an out of hours window).But up to you.

For future here is an idea.

1. Using a Mobile Device Management Solution - delete the app from everyone's device

2. Do your Deployment

3. Using a Mobile Device Management Solution - force install the app on everyone's device

Salesforce also have login hours you can set at a profile level but I dont think that will force a logout of the Mobile Device. You could look into these as an option.

LINK = Salesforce Developers

I am interested to know if Scott Willis suggestion works. IT sounds like it will. If it does you could couple with my suggestion of the profile login hours and they wouldn't be able to log back in until you changed the login hours back to normal.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
scott_willis
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Richard Lewis​'s MDM solutions is ideal. It also ensures all of your users are on the same app version.

We are not yet able to do that here because only our DEP devices are in the MDM and we not 100% DEP/MDM compliant. We are almost there though, and once so, Richard’s solution may be achieved through an Active Directory group if your orgs domain is setup to accommodate the same..

Richard Lewis

I am going to borrow your test first disclaimer, if you don't mind sir.

I also learned that inserting images in Jive/Outlook response doesn't work.

richard_lewis
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Go for it Scott. Yes images in email replies don't work. Try the Jive mobile apps if you aren't already. 

Regards, Richard

scott_willis
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

After thought, the MDM solutions wont work for users who have downloaded FSA or ServiceMax from iTunes on a personal device not in MDM.

0 Likes
richard_lewis
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Scott, we usually end up with a different version to what iTunes has and also make it VERY clear to our Technicians that they are NOT to download the App from iTunes.

If you have users with their own devices it may be advisable to look to get them to enrole in MDM. There are some MDM solutions that allow you to reserve part of the device for Work and only that portion of the device is controlled and able to be remote wiped etc.

Regards, Richard