Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Japanese not rendering on Smart Doc output

Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Japanese not rendering on Smart Doc output

We are seeing garbage on the pdf output from Japanese and Chinese users when data has been entered in local language.

I can see defect SMX025143 for this so can you tell me when it is addressed (I thought it was Spring 16) and if there is anything I can do to patch my current Summer15SP org?

I need an urgent fix for this so do not have the time to go through a complete upgrade validation right now.

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Re: Japanese not rendering on Smart Doc output

Defect SMX025143 required a code fix in the iPad app, with no server-side changes. It was fixed in Winter 16 release iPad app version 16.10.005 (please search for it in this file) and was also patched in Summer 15 SP release iPad app version 15.60.021 (please search for it in this file).

Here are the details of the issue and fix description:

Summary:

Japanese characters entered in template were garbled in generated report

Details:

Any Japanese characters entered in the Smart Docs template were displayed as garbled characters and were not readable, when the report was generated in iPad app.

Additional Info:

For the Smart Docs PDF file to display Japanese (/other double-byte character languages) characters correctly, font family

(.container {font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; margin:0 auto; width:100%}) must be removed from template.

0 Likes
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi,

I am using a later version than the one with the fix but still a problem related to this.

I still see the garbled font in the double byte fields when I view the finalized document on the iPad. The resulting pdf of that document displays ok however.

Is it to do with the HTML tagging within the document on the iPad?

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi Mark,

ServiceMax Support needs to investigate this to find out the root cause.

Regards,

Meenakshi.

0 Likes