Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightning Experience

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Lightning Experience

Received an email from Salesforce today with the following:

As a Salesforce admin, we are notifying you we will turn on Lightning Experience for your org in 2019. Lightning Experience is the new and enhanced Salesforce user experience.

We were told ServiceMax doesn't play well on Lightning, is Lightning going to be required within Salesforce? Is anyone running Lightning and if so, what limitations are you seeing?

Thanks.

Lisa Mercer​, June Tracy

Message 1 of 17
16 Replies
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Re: Lightning Experience

Hi,

We are running our ServiceMax for Back-Office and Technicians based on Lightning.
Back-Office users cannot use Classic anymore and we have created Our Service Lightning APP with the Record Pages, Compact Page Layouts, Changed our standard Page Layouts and removed the Blue Button SFM Buttons and are using the SFM Wizards with the SFM Components for Lightning. This because we only want to use Lightning.
You can always choose to use the old Blue buttons on the layouts in Lightning. That's makes live easier when you want to possibility in Classic or Lightning. We have decided that normal users can only see the Lightning environment.
Also SFM are showed in the Lightning Mode and and the Old classic mode.

Yes, of course, this is a big change and you need to have a good Change Management Plan to step over to Lightning.
But we do not see any big issues for the users. System is working as it should.

This is my feedback to you

Gr
Hans

Kind Regards,  

Hans van Mil
Senior CRM Solution Consultant ServiceMax | Group IT

Email: hans.vanmil@dormakaba.com

Message 2 of 17
Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Agree with Hans van Mil  We have been using Lightning only since April of 2018 and it has been a good change.  Limited impact for our ServiceMax users (other than what Hans mentions above).

Message 3 of 17
Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

Hans van Mil​ and Beth Koehl​ What server version of SVMX are you using? I suspect the concern on Guy Tanguay​'s part is the older version that they are running. Thanks!

---
If you want to get my attention quickly, please be sure to @ me!  @lisa_mercer

Message 4 of 17
0 Likes
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Currently running Autumn 17 on Lightning with no issues. Will be upgrading to 18.2 soon and look forward to the more 'lightning' feel on the SFM screens there.

Message 5 of 17
Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

Thanks! Guy Tanguay​ and I talked about some features that are available in the later releases such as the SFM piece that you mentioned and attachments in 18.3

---

Message 6 of 17
0 Likes
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

We are using in PROD version 18.20000.20
In Sandboxes we are developing with Version 18.30000.18

Both are working OK with Lightning

Kind Regards,  

Hans van Mil
Senior CRM Solution Consultant ServiceMax | Group IT

Email: hans.vanmil@dormakaba.com

Message 7 of 17
Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

Anita D'Souza​ Would you be able to provide any specifics Guy Tanguay​ should be aware with SUM17 and Lightning?

For example, this feature which Guy and I discussed is only available starting in 18.3 ServiceMax and Salesforce Lightning Attachments to Files

ServiceMax and Salesforce Lightning Attachments to Files

Thanks!

---

Message 8 of 17
0 Likes
Product Team
Product Team

Hi Lisa Mercer​, Guy Tanguay​ - We updated our SFM delivery UI to match Salesforce Lightning in 18.1 as beta and in 18.2 we rolled this feature out as GA along with Service Flow Wizard(SFW) as a Lightning Component. In 18.3, we have enabled support for Lightning Community and Salesforce Files on web only. Starting 19.1, we will support Salesforce Files(along with attachment) on FSA apps as well. Most of our Visualforce pages like 'Check Entitlement', and Inventory transactions continue to work in Salesforce Lightning even though the look and feel might continue to look the same, but they are fully functional. You can also enable IB Tree and Technical Attribute as Lightning Component and steps to do that are documented here: How to Enable IB Tree and Technical Attribute Within Lightning Pages

My recommendation would be to upgrade to 18.2 at least so that users can experience SFM Lightning Delivery. Also, this will keep you in the Active Maintenance Window from support standpoint.

Hope this information helps.

Message 9 of 17
Line Chef
Line Chef

Hi

We have a enabled lightning on SMAX and we have added Service Flow Wizard(SFW) on the page. But when we use the wizard transactions it uses classic smax layout with lightning theme? I feel like we are not using fully Lightning with the SFM transactions because it still looks like the old (Classic mode). The org has 19.1 version. I could not find any information on when you have an existing classic SMAX environment and you want to convert all to Lightning. Is there an tasks list what you need to know when doing this?

image.pngimage.png

Message 10 of 17
0 Likes