cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving towards Go-Live and maximizing our resources

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Moving towards Go-Live and maximizing our resources

I am interested to know if other customers have experiences working with timelines and schedules as they get support from ServiceMax on an installation.

We have a multi-national install in progress.  Some of the current challenge is translating our own to do list as a customer with the items that we need ServiceMax to do for us.

Most importantly, we are attempting to do that within a definitive timeline so that we can supply schedule information to our upper management.

Do any customers have stories or best practices to share regarding working with ServiceMax during an installation process?

Reply posts or direct messages are both welcome.

charrell@ipgphotonics.com

Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Re: Moving towards Go-Live and maximizing our resources

Hi Chris,

We went live on October 6th, and prior to that I created an action plan categorized by major implementation step toll gates (Plan/Analyze, Design, Build, Test, Validate, Training/Deployment).  I had subcategories under each one with due dates so it was evident whether we were ahead, on track, or behind.  This was posted on our Daily Management board and at a minimum was reviewed by staff once a week.  It also identified owners/resources/roadblocks so current status and expectations were visible to all department heads.