Beginning to set up our subcontractor field technicians on the Partner Community. Anyone else have experience in this? New Work Orders assign the Partner as User, but work orders prior to Partner set up do not. Anyway to automatically update old work orders?
It has gone very well so far. Partners were overall receptive to the concept of updating their own work orders. Currently, they have access via web (which means the individual sub contractor techs are still relaying info back to their home office, where a designee is completing the work order details) - but we are in the requirements planning stages to bring full mobility to the individual sub contractor field tech. Challenge is that they are using different devices, so it becomes a situation where we need a BYOD interface. We are going to launch with capabilities to update work orders via iPad, Android-powered tablet, and utilizing mobile-for-laptop for Surface users. Estimate full launch June 1! Wish us luck!
Out of interest, how have you gone about setting up the subcontractors on SM, so that they can not see potentially sensitive data? Or does the Partner Community do this?
Did you get your subcontractors on Mobile or iPad ? What profile settings did you give them ? How did you configure the community to make it work ?
Thanks for any help,
OK, we found the answer to our own problem : in the custom domain URL you enter in the iPad or Mobile, make sure you do NOT add a '/' at the end of the URL !
Hi Rupert - we actually enlisted the help of ServiceMax's Professional Services team. Specific Subcontract profiles were created, and we were careful that they only had access to the data that was required (only saw what we want them to see). For us, there was quite a bit of setup and configuration, as we utilize a variable model service team (both company employed field techs and subcontractors). Benefits have been subcontractors taking ownership of dispatching to their technicians and updating their own work orders, being able to obtain real-time work order completion information and real time SLA performance. Challenges have been different devices Apple iPhones/iPads, Samsung/Android, different platforms (Android, iOS), limitations across devices & operating systems and 100% adoption rate of the subcontractors. A lot of potential, but a lot of work as well.
Hi Dan Schiess,
We are embarking on this route now! (Thanks Rupert Barrow for the forwardslash tip!) I have been setting up our own Subcontractor profiles for the Partner Community licence, based on our own working SalesForce licence Subcontractor profile, but have run into a few oddities! (WO attachments and Output Docs not uploading on iPad app, and Android App not completing initial sync, to name two)!
Do you think you would be in a position to share your working profile for comparison?
Absolutely. Let me know how I can help / what I can share. We are currently trying to resolve an issue with Output Docs with Android. Can't create a Service Report output doc or signature capture on Android. Hope to have that resolved in short order, as it is in the hands of some pretty smart fellas...
It is going well. We still have a couple small formatting issues on the Service Reports that we are looking to resolve once we complete our upgrade to Summer '16. For the most part, service reports generate fine, and signature capture is available on both Android and iOS. Main complaint is sync issues/sync errors, so we are excited to see what Summer '16 has in the way of sync enhancements. Of course, the next challenge will be once we are ready to move Summer '16 into production, we'll need 160+ technicians to load the new app and make sure custom domain is accurate. No small feat...