Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picklist Values not defined by Record Type

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Picklist Values not defined by Record Type

Jump to solution

Hi All,

We are experiencing an issue where we have set picklist values based on the record type but the picklist is showing all values for this field.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

Thanks,

Brenden

Support

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Re: Picklist Values not defined by Record Type

Jump to solution

So rookie mistake, the field was hidden for the affected profile.

View solution in original post

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Brenden

We have seen some strange issues with dependant pick lists in the FSA app, like you we initially we couldn't see anything on the picklist, we had to add the controlling field to the SFM lout to make it work. Also, in our current Prod system, we could set the controlling field from the parent object, this no longer works, we now have to explicitly set the controlling value, from a picklist in the map.

As i said, in our current system, this all works as expected, but now we have a significant amount of work to reset everything.

Thanks

Russ

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

We have seen this problem in the iPhone Winter 17 app, you need to add the record type field to SFM page layout and it should work.

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Adam Cooper

It already exists on the page layout, see the second image Record Type ID is on the page on the top right-hand corner under the Sevice Call Number. I have raised a case with support to look into this for me.

Cheers,

Brenden

0 Likes
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

Sorry, missed that! Do you also have it on the view layout? I've found in the past it needs to be there too as the app seems to use this to decide which fields to download for the record and store in the local db

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Jump to solution

Gday Adam Cooper ,

Yes, it is also assigned the View Process, I have a case logged with support to investigate, thanks for your help. I was speaking to Raff from Servicemax yesterday and he said to say hello.

Cheers,

Brenden

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Jump to solution

So rookie mistake, the field was hidden for the affected profile.

View solution in original post