Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QR Code Formulafield on Output Document

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

QR Code Formulafield on Output Document

Hey guys,

I created a custom formula field to get a custom qr code by using google api. Works how expected. Now I updated the output document and added the new formula field into the service report. If I generate a new output document, the formula of the text field will be shown. Is it possible, to get the QR Code Image printed in the service report? If not, is there any other option to get an QR code printed into any output document.

thanks,
Heiko

0 Likes

Re: QR Code Formulafield on Output Document

HI Heiko,

Great question, I can see this being very useful, though I have not heard of anyone doing this before.  I'm assuming this will be a new QR Code each time? 

This is the function that has been used in templates in the past:

{{ ( function() { var ret = document.getElementById('visit'); if($D.Work_Order.SVMXC__Purpose_of_Visit__c=='Visible') ret.style.display='block'; else ret.style.display='none'; } )() }}

This would map to a different field, not necessarily, "Work_Order.SVMXC__Purpose_of_Visit" 

Thanks,

ChrisM.

crt_chrism​

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Hi Chris,

thanks for feedback. Yes you are right, a new QR Code at each time. I tried to use your code snippet, but I wasn't able to get any result. My custom field on workorder is "QR_Code__c". I changed your snippet to

{{ ( function() { var ret = document.getElementById(&#39;<SFDC-ID QR_Code__c>&#39;); if($D.Work_Order.QR_Code__c==&#39;Visible&#39;) ret.style.display=&#39;block&#39;; else ret.style.display=&#39;none&#39;; } )() }}

Pls, could you have look at it? May I am wrong? Or do I have to set an Element-ID before?

thanks,

Heiko

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Heiko,

I am reviewing with engineering to see if this is in fact possible.  I will update my findings here. 

Thanks,

ChrisM.

ServiceMax

crt_chrism​

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Hi ChrisM,

any news about this topic?

thx,

Heiko

0 Likes