cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quoting Service Contracts-CPQ

Line Chef
Line Chef

Quoting Service Contracts-CPQ

I am interested in best practices in quoting tool (CPQ) and process used to quote service contracts and then efficiently book approved service contract quote to create pm plan and covered products in ServiceMax and ERP.  

@dana_soza @harriet_brenner @dawn_plaskon @a_gall 

Message 1 of 6
5 Replies
Retired
Retired

Re: Quoting Service Contracts-CPQ

Hi @harriet_brenner I saw on previous posts that you seem to know quite a bit here.  Any insight? @dawn_plaskon you're working through this another of my customers, and I'm sure have seen this done different ways, so any insight to Forrest would be appreciated!  @a_gall you know UTC/Carrier better than anyone, and have experience with other customers.  Any insight? 

@lisa_mercer @paul_hodgson @jamie_mckechnie @kimberly_christmas @michele_mckenna  @joe_simoni @kevinpayne Forrest wants to gather info on how best to handle the quoting process, and is interested in hearing how other customers do this, specifically around how the process of data traversing multiple systems, i.e., ERP, CRM, SVMX, and what quoting tool they use, i,e., CPQ.  Do you have any customers willing to chat about it, or know how they currently do it that you can share?

If you want to get my attention quickly, please be sure to @ me.  Thanks!
Message 2 of 6
Retired
Retired

@johnw @asless @keith_olodort @chuck_davies would you mind sharing how you currently handle it, or if you'd allow me to set up a call?  Thanks everyone!

Message 3 of 6
0 Likes
Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

I'd definitely recommend use of a CPQ to help manage the Service Contract sales process. There are some good options who are based on the force.com platform to make integration easier, although you may still want to use a middleware to do some ETL activities when moving data around rather than rely on Apex classes.

You can feed the CPQ with Installed Base data from ServiceMax, and then once the final quote is accepted by the customer the finalized Service Contract can then be pushed back across to ServiceMax. There is some complexity involved in making sure that the "Execution" Service Contract operates as the "Sold" Service Contract dictates as there are a significant number of data dependencies that our Service Contract and PM modules need to be in place in order to function as intended, and there may still be some manual steps required in order to "activate" the contract correctly.

Our Product and Professional Services teams can help guide you through architecting this process. 

@lacy_cotton FYI

Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Retired
Retired

This is really helpful @pmhodgson, thanks! @forrest_yount I know you were interested in platform options too and Paul mentioned some good ones include Steelbrick, Apptus, and Salesforce CPQ as an FYI.

Message 5 of 6
Line Chef
Line Chef

I appreciate the information.

Thanks

Forrest

Message 6 of 6
0 Likes