Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove the Finalize button from a Output Document

russjaco
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Remove the Finalize button from a Output Document

Hi

We would like to use an output document as way for our technicians to review all the data they have added to a WO on an iPad before they commit to creating a customer service report. As we use the site centric model, our uses will enter the parts used, labour lines and notes for multiple products while they are on a customer visit, and while they can review the data they have entered through iPad app, it can can take many key stroke to see the data, and the data is not available all in place.

Our idea is to create an output document, which will show all the data they have entered, correctly ordered to make it east to review, and it would include some data that will not be shown on the customer service report,

I have created this document, but it shows the "Finalize" button, which we don't need, as we don't intend to use this output document as a saved PDF file.

Is there an option somewhere to remove the Finalize button, or could i fool the system to think that i have already finalised the document, to make the button show as greyed out?

Thanks

Russ

meenakshi_s
Retired
Retired

Re: Remove the Finalize button from a Output Document

Hi Russ,

There is no option to remove the Finalize button. However, Finalize button is greyed out if there is a mandatory signature defined in the report template and signature is not yet obtained.

So, you can define a mandatory signature in a table cell, and hide that table cell so that technician won't be able to capture signature using this report and hence not be able to click Finalize button. You have to switch to Source code mode in template designer to define this, after adding the signature function.

Here is sample code for a hidden mandatory signature cell, with another cell in the table displaying the technician's name:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td style="display:none">

{{$F.SIGNATURE(&#39;CustSign&#39;,&#39;S&#39;,true,&#39;5&#39;,&#39;5&#39;)}}</td>

<td style="text-align: right;">

<strong> Technician: {{$F.USERNAME()}} </strong></td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

You can try this and see if it works for you.

Regards,

Meenakshi.

sfychan
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

I tried the code to hide mandatory signature cell as suggested, but the Finalize button still appear now with warning message. How do I grey it out without warning msg. I am not sure if this is to do with the configuration setting in the submodule as the default value of SET001  is warning. I am not sure how to change SET001 setting to other. The SFM does not allow me to edit the existing listing but OK to create a new list.

I also would like to be able to control the value of CustSign in the report / document without capturing signature. Ideally, I would like to put a condition like IF() status of a document is "Yes", CustSign == True. So Finalize button can be appeared for PDF.

Any suggestion?

Regards,

Simon

meenakshi_s
Retired
Retired

Finalize button will be always displayed; it will be always enabled in browser (ServiceMax online application), but will be greyed out in iPad app till all the mandatory signatures are obtained.

SET001 applies only to online application. If it is set to Disallow, it will prevent the report PDF from being generated on clicking Finalize - you will see the error (not warning) message 'This report requires mandatory signatures, so it cannot be generated in online'.

You can change the value of SET001 by following these steps:

1. Go to ServiceMax Setup home page > App Administration > Configuration Profiles.
  2. Locate the custom ServiceMax group-wide profile associated with your Salesforce Profile; if your Salesforce Profile is not associated with any group profile, associate it with a custom group profile.
  3. Select it and click the Edit button.
  4. Select the module & submodule (SFM Transaction Manager & SFM Output Document Delivery Engine)
  5. Click the Edit link for SET001 to change its value in the resulting pop-up window.
meenakshi_s
Retired
Retired

Hi Russ,

Did the solution suggested in my previous post work for you?

Regards,

Meenakshi.

russjaco
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hi Meenakshi

Thanks for your help, i can confirm you fix worked perfectly.

Thanks again

Russ