Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sushi Chef cpalmer
Sushi Chef

Repeat Service Visit Report

Jump to solution

Hello,

I would like to create a report to show repeat service visits on an installed product.  I am looking to display only installed products that have multiple work orders created <12 days apart.

Is there a standard ServiceMax report that has this or a similar functionality? Any suggestions or guidance is appreciated.  (FYI - I am pretty new to SM)

Thanks.

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 1 of 8
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Re: Repeat Service Visit Report

Jump to solution

Hi Casey, do you have any custom code in your organisation that triggers when a Work Order is created?

There are also other non code ways of doing this such as Salesforce process and flow.

Essentially what you are probably looking to do is to time stamp your installed product with the current date/time when your work order is created or another date time you choose from the work order is updated.  Then when a new work order is created you reference this 'last visit' value and can flag the work order as a repeat visit in a tick box field you create on the work order.

Standard Salesforce reporting will then allow you to report on these repeat visit work orders.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 2 of 8
7 Replies
Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Casey, do you have any custom code in your organisation that triggers when a Work Order is created?

There are also other non code ways of doing this such as Salesforce process and flow.

Essentially what you are probably looking to do is to time stamp your installed product with the current date/time when your work order is created or another date time you choose from the work order is updated.  Then when a new work order is created you reference this 'last visit' value and can flag the work order as a repeat visit in a tick box field you create on the work order.

Standard Salesforce reporting will then allow you to report on these repeat visit work orders.

Regards, Richard

Message 2 of 8
Highlighted
Sushi Chef cpalmer
Sushi Chef

Jump to solution

We did this through custom code to check if the current WO has any other WO's in the past within a specific time frame..  now we have the filed value and can report of of this to get overall repeat service visits as well as by technician..

We have looked at SPM a few times but have not pulled the trigger.. 

Message 3 of 8
Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

I had a look on the community at solutions to your problem within ServiceMax offerings and it looks like you may be in luck.

check out Video Link : 1414​ or Video Link : 1355

There is also a whole section on the ServiceMax help site. https://userdocs.servicemax.com/ServiceMaxHelp/Spring16/en_us/svmxhlp.htm#SPM/SPMOverview.htm?Highli...

Regards, Richard

service performance metrics​

Message 4 of 8
Sushi Chef cpalmer
Sushi Chef

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your help and I will take a look.

Sincerely,

Casey Palmer

Technical Manager / Software Quality

HORIBA Medical

Office: 888-903-5001 / 949-453-0500 x4554

Cell: 949-439-5083

Fax: 949-468-1751

casey.palmer@horiba.com

http://www.horiba.com/medical

This message and any included attachments are from HORIBA Medical and are

intended only for the addressee(s). The information contained herein may

include trade secrets or privileged or otherwise confidential information.

Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using

such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you

received this message in error, or have reason to believe you are not

authorized to receive it, please promptly delete this message and notify

the sender by e-mail.

Message 5 of 8
Sushi Chef cpalmer
Sushi Chef

Jump to solution

Thank you.  We are going to look at getting a demo of the Service Performance Metrics

Message 6 of 8
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Hello Casey,

You can check ServiceMax Online Help section for the Service Performance Metric Repeat Visit. While the available options for Repeat Visit Timeframe in Service Performance Metrics Setup screen are 7, 14, and 30, you can choose the option 14 and then use Salesforce report filter on SPM - Repeat Visit object to consider only repeat visits within 12 days (Repeat Visit Within (Days) less than 12).

Regards,

Meenakshi.

Message 7 of 8
Sushi Chef cpalmer
Sushi Chef

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply and suggestions.

Sincerely,

Casey Palmer

Technical Manager / Software Quality

HORIBA Medical

Office: 888-903-5001 / 949-453-0500 x4554

Cell: 949-439-5083

Fax: 949-468-1751

casey.palmer@horiba.com

http://www.horiba.com/medical

This message and any included attachments are from HORIBA Medical and are

intended only for the addressee(s). The information contained herein may

include trade secrets or privileged or otherwise confidential information.

Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using

such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you

received this message in error, or have reason to believe you are not

authorized to receive it, please promptly delete this message and notify

the sender by e-mail.

Message 8 of 8