Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report pick list values with dependent pick list values

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Report pick list values with dependent pick list values

Jump to solution

It may be more a general SalesForce Question, but we are using dependent picklists (4 levels deep) and I am looking for the magic way to REPORT the pick list values together with the dependent pick list values. Who can help???
(I also asked this Q to irv.chin Chin during MaxLive and promised to post on the community).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Report pick list values with dependent pick list values

Jump to solution

I can think of three ways Rob,

• The magic way would be by using the Salesforce Metadata API, which would require a developer to write some code to extract your report.
  • Configuration data can be accessed through the UI and you can use a screen capture utility.
  • Possibly an app in Salesforce App Exchange which is already doing that. I am not aware of one.

I will also check with dbennett‌ who created a utility which might help you half way, getting you the values in excel.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Report pick list values with dependent pick list values

Jump to solution

I can think of three ways Rob,

• The magic way would be by using the Salesforce Metadata API, which would require a developer to write some code to extract your report.
  • Configuration data can be accessed through the UI and you can use a screen capture utility.
  • Possibly an app in Salesforce App Exchange which is already doing that. I am not aware of one.

I will also check with dbennett‌ who created a utility which might help you half way, getting you the values in excel.

View solution in original post