Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Reporting Tips & Trics

NOTE:
Most of the stuff that I post here, can also be found on the internet or SalesForce Community but I want to post the things that helped me most in this forum, just to help others...

Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Re: Reporting Tips & Trics

Did you know you can use report with "parameters"? (It is officially not supported by SalesForce, but it works!)
Just leave the filter condition(s) you want to feed in, empty.

Save your report and copy the url.

When you put "?pv0=1234" behind the url (without the quotes), this will be the value for your first filter.

Example:

Filter condition in saved report looks like: Technician ID equals ""

https://na12.salesforce.com/00OU0000001fJcp?pv0=1234

will result in Technician ID equals "1234" in your report

Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Need to feed multiple parameters to different filters?
Also leave the value from the second filter and use "&pv1=abcd" for the next parameter (without the quotes).

You can use up to at least 10 (so "&pv10=9876") to feed values into different filters.

Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Need to feed a date as "parameter"?

I found that this is the syntax that works in the URL: '11/22/2014', this will result in e.g.

Install Date greater or equal "22-11-2014"

but this may be subject to locale settings.

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

This is awesome! Thanks Rob! Please keep adding to this page. I will refer our customers here as this page grows. There is a strong need for a better understanding of the KPI's and reports that ServiceMax can generate. This kind of data analysis is such a huge and underrated aspect of the ServiceMax tool. How can you make strong strategic business decisions without the relevant data backing you up?

Here is a linking to the YouTube training for reports and dashboards:

Introduction to Reports and Dashboards - YouTube

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Rob,

Your fellow ServiceMax customer community appreciates your tips and tricks!

thanks

0 Likes