cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Salesforce' new Work Order conflicts with my ServiceMax Work Orders

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Salesforce' new Work Order conflicts with my ServiceMax Work Orders

The new Salesforce-Service Cloud "Work Orders" is has blocked out my ServiceMax Work Orders from appearing in my list of selectable Field Types when creating a Mail Merge.  Salesforce support tells me I need to change my Customer Object that is named the same as their new standard object, Work Order, however, because the ServiceMax Work Order is ServiceMax Managed Code, I cannot.  What is the work around if any?

Message 1 of 6
5 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Salesforce' new Work Order conflicts with my ServiceMax Work Orders

Hello Kate - there is a way to "turn off" or disable the new Salesforce Entitlement Management Program (Service Contracts, Entitlements) if you're not using it.  I'm not sure that this will solve your specific Mail Merge issue but I wanted to point this out.  As a Salesforce Administrator within your Salesforce org, go to Setup > Customize > Entitlement Management > Entitlement Settings.  Is "Enable Entitlement Management" unchecked?

Message 2 of 6
Employee
Employee

Hi Kate Walsh​,

Thank you for posting here in the community.   I see that Andy has suggested a way to "turn off" or disable the new Salesforce Entitlement Management Program (Service Contracts, Entitlements) if you're not using it. Did you get a chance to check it out?   If the thread that was provided answered your question, I encourage you to mark your question answered.  

Regards,

Siva Shankar

crt_sivas​

Message 3 of 6
0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hello Kate Walsh​,

Please disable the Salesforce Work Orders object by clicking the Disable button in the Salesforce Setup page 'Work Order Settings'. This setup option is available under Build (or App Setup with the old Setup User Interface) > Customize > Work Orders.

See screenshots below:

Regards,

Meenakshi.

Message 4 of 6
Employee
Employee

If you want to keep the Salesforce Work Order object enabled for any reason, you can rename the ServiceMax Work Order object from the Salesforce Setup page option Rename Tabs and Labels. See the knowledge article Getting Error When Naming Tabs and Labels or Selecting Objects for more details.

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Retired

Hello Kate,

Thanks for posting on the community. I just wanted to follow up here to re-iterate a few points and clear up any confusion that you may have.  As mentioned above, there are two different scenarios in which conflicts can occur regarding objects.

1.  Object Names are the same. I.E Work_Order

2.  Object Labels are the same.  I.E Work Order

What you're seeing above is caused by #2.  Salesforce's work order object name is Work_Order. Servicemax's work order object name is Service_Order.  There is no conflict in the object names.  When the system tries to display a list that includes entries with identical labels, you will see the issue that you describe above.  This behavior is not new or related to Salesforce's new field service functionality. This can happen with any label change in the system and is a platform behavior that has existed for quite a while.  The fix for this is very simple and can easily be resolved using the steps in the Knowledge Article.  If you have any concerns or follow up questions, please let us know and we can help answer them. Thank you.

Message 6 of 6