cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Contracts: Customization vs. Roadmap

Re: Service Contracts: Customization vs. Roadmap

Jump to solution

deanna.savon‌ Thanks for sending us the links to the clients' requirements.  Glad you left them off here, as this is an external community.  Kudos

Message 11 of 13
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Ken,

What about supporting the sales motion related to contracts and contract renewals.  While not opportunity management, it does take on some elements of classic sales workflow.  Often times contract renewals are managed from a low touch auto-renewal process or call center.  In these cases, getting sales motion updates or links to renewal campaigns could give the field engineer important context for his customer conversations.

Message 12 of 13

Jump to solution

Allan,

I couldn't agree more.  The linkage to the Sales organization furthers our differentiation with a 360 degree of the customer and their assets, services, etc.  Although I would like to see us integrate tighter to the Sales Cloud, we need to be careful how we approach, since many of our clients don't own SFDC Sales Cloud.  We have an integration approach that we are working on, that gives us an ability to "serve" up "field leads" into the pipeline within SFDC Marketing and Sales Clouds.  Beyond this, if the client is using another tool, this can be used as part of an integration.  Lastly, the net new service contract and renewal processes are important channels into the service demand our clients need to forecast and then plan for, both operationally to support these commitments, and as well, long term to ensure that they have the right service team mix, shifts, resources to manage their know business and the forecast of demand from net new, renewals and product based sales opptys that drive installs, etc.

We have much to do, and I am excited that we are getting to a point where the rubber is going to hit the road

Message 13 of 13