Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ServiceMax User Profiles

aidankirkpatric
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

ServiceMax User Profiles

It there any documentation that explains the differences between the ServiceMax User Profiles, that might detail what each user can or can not do, in layman's terms?

0 Likes
lacycotton
Product Team
Product Team

Re: ServiceMax User Profiles

Hi Aiden!

I'm afraid there is no current documentation that spends time explaining the intention and functionality of all the SVMX Standard Profiles provided OOTB with your installed package. These profiles are not meant to force any sort of expectations on an org, just act as clone-able examples of job based profiles best used in the SVMX solution.

However, I totally understand how the list of Profiles with their many different permission settings can be confusing. Hopefully, this CRUD Matrix I've pulled can assist you with that. It may not tell you everything each profile is intended to do, but it will shed light on which profiles have access to what features (and what level of access they have).

The Standard Profiles CRUD Matrix can be found here: SVMX Standard Profiles CRUD Matrix.pdf

I hope you find this somewhat helpful!

Regards,

Lacy Cotton

Regards,

Lacy Cotton-Hodgson
Sr Product Manager
lacy.cotton@servicemax.com
aidankirkpatric
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Hi Lacy,

Thanks for that.  That is exactly what I was after.  Do you happen to know what the difference is between the profiles you listed in the matrix and the ones with a similar name, but with Titanium in them?

Regards,

Aidan

0 Likes
chris_wada
Retired
Retired

Hi Aiden,

Servicemax has a few different options when deploying a license type for the Org.  Titanium is a license type for customers that do not have access to Service Cloud (mainly the case object).  The profiles with "Titanium" are meant for org's that are deployed as a Titanium org. 

Chris