cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating a service_order (work order) in test class seems to exceed SOQL limit

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Updating a service_order (work order) in test class seems to exceed SOQL limit

I am trying to test a function that copies a custom field, shipping comments of SVMXC__Component__c (Installed Product), which is a field on Work Order and put it as the shipping comments of the Work Order itself.

I do this in a before Update trigger on Work Order.

But when I run my code I get a DML exception: ""System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a1Yg0000001u1kmEAA; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, ServiceMaxWorkOrder: execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id 500g0000005QsqjAAC; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, SVMXC.CASE_Trigger1: execution of BeforeUpdate caused by: System.LimitException: SVMXC:Too many SOQL queries: 101 (SVMXC) : []". It seems as though the installed trigger CASE_Trigger1 throws this error. Did anyone have this sort of error before or have any idea where this error might originate from?

Thanks in advance.

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Re: Updating a service_order (work order) in test class seems to exceed SOQL limit

We have had a number of issues with System.LimitException: SVMXC:Too many SOQL queries: 101 (SVMXC), ours have been on the iPad and we were advised to change SET011 to 40%.

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Re: Updating a service_order (work order) in test class seems to exceed SOQL limit

This will definitely help - decreases the batch size, thereby reducing the possibility of hitting governor limits

However, using Airplane Mode can still bypass this, causing a single "sync batch" to be overloaded - on the flip side, Airplane Mode has MANY benefits, for us it has decreased call closure time significantly

The feature request i refer to below would help balance the cons of Airplane Mode - please vote for it if this would be useful for you!

0 Likes
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

I have submitted an enhancement request to the Product Hub:

[For Mobile Devices:]

Basically, if SOQL limit is hit - have records go to the "Sync Conflicts" tab - allowing records to be re-released manually in smaller batches, hopefully allowing processing without error.

As of right now all updated records get "stuck" together in a single batch - and only way to clear the error or get a Data Sync to go through is to do a full Reset App (full mobile wipe AND redownload of all data) - resulting in full data loss

Would help a lot considering that "Airplane Mode" is a best-practice for the mobile app versions