Highlighted
Line Chef
Line Chef

Verifying addresses

After a data load for Accounts, Contacts, locations is there a way to verify all addresses for the Google maps? or does one have to verify each address one at a time?

Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Re: Verifying addresses

This is a good question.  We ended up doing a mass-export and using a geo-locator webservice and then mass-uploading the lat/long output, but obviously not a very sustainable process.  Did not handle "c/o Customer Name" entries very well at all either :/

If there is a way to trigger "verify Address" code on multiple records this would be very helpful for us as well.

Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

my guess is that this "verify address" button queries an outside service, and that that service itself has limits on use frequency - which is why a mass-validate button wasn't introduced, because would just lead to errors if we tried to validate too much too quickly (which i can personally say i would absolutely end up doing )

So as much as ServiceMax would like to implement a tool like this, chance that it is just not possible

Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Informatica's Address Validation and Geocoding services offer record-based or batch-based validation and extension for very low cost. See AddressDoctor: Salesforce for details. 

These services are easily embedded into ServiceMax through the SFDC AppExchange.  Here is a video on how it works,  Informatica Cloud Address Validation for Salesforce - Informatica Corp. - AppExchange.

A good first step in analyzing the overall health of your ServiceMax Data would give you an idea of the magnitude of your challenge.  We've introduced Rev, a free service to help business users understand the issues in their data, see http://rev.informatica.com.  If your a ServiceMax Professional Services Consultant, this is also a great tool to use in the data move/assessment phase of a delivery project.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Acme Data has an address verification app for ServiceMax in the MarketPlace.  You can see it hereAcme Data.  It covers address verification from every angle.