cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sushi Chef aidankirkpatric
Sushi Chef

What conditions prevent an Output Document template from saving?

I have been working away creating an aesthetically (sort of) pleasing output document, which was going brilliantly until I needed to add in some child fields!!  (Won't go there, but eventually figured it out)!  However, on my latest tweak, the template has stopped saving the source code?!?!?!  Initially I wondered if there was a character limit, but this seems not to be the case, so I was wondering if anyone knew of any other conditions in which this could happen.  Mike Monin​ ..?

Message 1 of 3
2 Replies
Highlighted
Grill Chef ivargu
Grill Chef

Re: What conditions prevent an Output Document template from saving?

I've had the exact same problem when it detects a minor discrepancy or glitch in the html implementation in your source code. I took my source code and ran it through a verifier (The W3C Markup Validation Service ), found some tags that were not closed properly, fixed those and... voila! I was again able to save.

Message 2 of 3
Sushi Chef aidankirkpatric
Sushi Chef

Re: What conditions prevent an Output Document template from saving?

Hi Ivar, Thanks for that tip!!  It turned out not to be my code (phew!!), although I did make a couple of mark-up improvements!  Instead the offending line was a field label {{$D.Work_Order.SVMXC__Site__c.SVMXC__Site__c}} obtained from the content tree!  As soon as I removed the field label it saved instantly!  Just have to figure out how to get the site field data into the OD now..!

Message 3 of 3