cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to find deleted work orders?

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

What is the best way to find deleted work orders?

Jump to solution

Does everyone else remove the Delete button for users, or do you allow users to delete the erroneous creation of Work Orders and then deal with the consequences of them having deleted a legitimate one?

0 Likes
This widget could not be displayed.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Re: What is the best way to find deleted work orders?

Jump to solution

Our process only allows the general population to create and edit work orders. Only ADMINS can delete work orders, which we still choose not to do.  Instead we have created a status of cancelled, and when a work order cancels, is made by mistake, or for whatever reason it wont be billed, we developed a process for someone to request it to be cancelled. This way we can see, if needed, when it was created, by whom, why it was cancelled and who requested that. 

I guess it partially depends on your business processes.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

Our process only allows the general population to create and edit work orders. Only ADMINS can delete work orders, which we still choose not to do.  Instead we have created a status of cancelled, and when a work order cancels, is made by mistake, or for whatever reason it wont be billed, we developed a process for someone to request it to be cancelled. This way we can see, if needed, when it was created, by whom, why it was cancelled and who requested that. 

I guess it partially depends on your business processes.

View solution in original post

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Aidan,

The advice for Salesforce is always do not delete. One of the reasons for this is the lack of traceability of your data and another is the risk of orphaning related records. I would definitely suggest removing the delete button from page layouts. If you are able to also remove the access at a profile level for your users (they may need modify all for the worn order object to support editing work orders owned by others) then this is also recommended. We use the work order cancellation option as well as a created in error status. I can't think of a scenario in production where we would resort to deleting work orders. We even keep ones created for troubleshooting. 

Another point to note is that this is your transactional data. I assume you also use it to bill from. If you are audited then the ability to delete this data and any practice of doing so will be a big red flag. 

I hope this helps. 

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~