Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can report templates reside?

Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Where can report templates reside?

We have recently moved and need to change the address on our service report, but we cannot find where the template resides. Where should we look?

0 Likes
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Re: Where can report templates reside?

If your address is a static value in your Service Report, you may want to consider using merge fields/values to avert this situation for good. If your org is growing, you may even want to tier it once to sustain additional locations / acquisitions / relocations further down the line without incident.

In any case, here's a start in the right direction. 

ServiceMax Setup > Service Flow Manager > SFM Transaction & DOCS Designer > (Likely Next is) "Your Custom SFM Transactions" tab : then from the drop down just beneath the previously mentioned tab, select; "to generate on Output Document for a header record with/without its child records"

Locate the appropriate Service Report output document, Create a copy, edit your copy, proof your copy.

Coordinate a planned maintenance window with the appropriate service heads. When the time comes,  Create another copy of your current production as a bak, update all pertinent SFM wizards to replace all pointers to your superseded form. Proof your update/revision, then mandate a config sync.

Richard Lewis​ - If you have a moment to offer an objective perspective, I'm all ears.. TIA

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Hello Mr. Willis,

I looked where you told me to, but I found the "to generate on Output Document for a header record with/without its child records" to be empty (see attached document).

Also shown on the “small” screen in the attachment is a PDF copy of the document that I am trying to update. You can see we have our logo and then next to it is the old company address that I would like to update. If it helps, I believe Dawn Plaxton was helping us originally to do the setup (years ago). Perhaps she has an M.O that can point us in the right direction or, if she is still working there, maybe she would recall?

Thanks!!

Ron

Cutting Edge Laser Technologies

50 Methodist Hill Drive Suite 600

Rochester, NY 14623

800-889-4184 x104

0 Likes
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Scott Willis​, apologies for the delay in replying to this, it has been a busy few weeks. Looks like your answer was on the right track. This probably needed a screenshare to resolve which I assume is what SMax Support did. It can be hard to discuss this in the abstract at times.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
0 Likes
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Here is an update. It turns out that the address was hard coded into our service report report.

Thanks to Terri K. @ ServiceMax Support for helping to find it and telling me the way to update it!