cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would a Work Order change status after being Closed?

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Why would a Work Order change status after being Closed?

We have a custom page layout that is attached to a Record Type - Closed Work Order on the WO object. There is a Workflow that changes the Record Type on a WO to Closed WO when the Status of the WO is set to Closed. This Locks all the fields to any user assigned this Page Layout for Closed Work Order Record Type. However, we are finding that somehow users are editing these records somehow. We believe it is due to the movement of an event on the dispatch console - which then sets the status to Assigned again. However, it has now happened a few times by a tech in the field - we know this because we track the History of Status changes - however the tech does not have access to the Dispatch Console and we have tested them moving the event to a different time and it has not effected the status. Any insight would be helpful.

0 Likes
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Re: Why would a Work Order change status after being Closed?

Shiva,

do you have a validation rule to stop the users from editing a specific status?

we do this as follows: we use a sub-status. when the FSE sets it to "Review" this means the FSE 'closed' the WO at their level and they can't edit it. Our Sys admin and support profiles are excluded ( this way I and Integration can edit it if needed)

Cannot_edit_closed_WOChecked
AND(
OR(
IsPickVal(PriorValue(Order_Sub_status__c), "Review"),
IsPickVal(PriorValue(Order_Sub_status__c), "Finclose")),
NOT($Profile.Name = "System Administrator"),
NOT ($Profile.Name = "Medivators Support"))
A closed WO cannot be editedOrder Status
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Re: Why would a Work Order change status after being Closed?

Hi Shiva, I hope you have resolved this issue by now. If not it is worth looking at validation rules. They would stop users from editing record types or specified fields. you could exude your system profiles from the validation rule. So if it is the dispatch console changing the status then it would either error out or not do this going forward or both.

If you solved this another way, I would be interested to know.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
0 Likes