cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@support What am I missing on inventory settings, when my stocking location is showing consumption, and type decreased but no line qty?

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

@support What am I missing on inventory settings, when my stocking location is showing consumption, and type decreased but no line qty?

Employee
Employee

Re: @support What am I missing on inventory settings, when my stocking location is showing consumption, and type decreased but no line qty?

Mike - First, make sure the Stockable flag on the Product is checked otherwise when you perform a Post to Inventory the Inventory Engine will not increment or decrement your Locations Product Stock Qty.  I suspect you will have more questions so please provide a screen shot if you can.

posttoinventory‌  productstock‌ stockable_flag‌

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Re: @support What am I missing on inventory settings, when my stocking location is showing consumption, and type decreased but no line qty?

mike.monin‌, thanks that was helpful and got me a step forward.  There are most probably a standard set of scenarios that could be created in a matrix to guide people on the inventory process settings.

As a first step see the settings used below to record consumption from Trunk Stock.

Usage_Consumption settings.JPG

Employee
Employee

Mike,

The most common FE trunk stock scenario is when  the FE consumes a part from his "Available" stock bucket and you want to decrement his Product Stock record "Available" bucket and increment the "Consumed" bucket.

I recommend you try these settings:  Look at the read-only "WORD010" Inventory process settings.

Thanks,

Mike

inventory‌ sfm configuration‌

0 Likes
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Hello,

we doesn't want to show the "IN-TRANSIT","INCREASED" ,"DECREASED" , or "ADJUSTED"  "Stock Statuses" at the Recipient or At Location which eventually doesn't make much sense and want to display only  the "AVAILABLE" Product Stock Lines as a part of Quantity received after processing the receipts and also it is very confusing to the End Technicians.But with the way the configuration of custom inventory process is setup ,these values are mandatory to be setup as shown in the posts in previous threads.Is there any way to hide or suppress these?

stocklines.PNG

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

You can create an SFM Search for "Product Stock" My available Inventory Search which will only show the AVAILABLE statuses and filter out the rest.  See the example below.  Tech stock is a formula field you need to create on the Product Stock object.  Tech Stock formula is IF (contains( SVMXC__Location__r.SVMXC__Service_Engineer__r.Id ,$User.Id),1,0)   I don't know of a way to filter

You can also edit the Product Stock page layout and Sort by Status.

productstock​ sfmsearch​ inventory​ parts and inventory​

0 Likes
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Hi Mike

I need to get better educated on the Product Stock/Inventory.  Are there any Free You tube or other videos that you might be aware of that can get me up to speed quickly.  We are looking to move into a "Truck Inventory" workflow vs. what we have been using which is RMA/Shipment between warehouse and end user.  We are now looking to Field Stock scenario where our techs keep an inventory that they will use to for field replacements.  They are already able to create an RMA for their field work, but I need to link back to what they are pulling from their "truck" so it can be tracked and replaced.

Thanks

Kate

Employee
Employee

Hi Kate, Kate Walsh

Here is an example use case for a Technician Stock Replenishment request based on best practices.  This is not meant to be a “how to” guide but it should help explain how use the ServiceMax inventory processes to process your shipments and process you receipts. I included a link to the online ServiceMax Help documentation which has screen shots and explains “how to” configure and use the various inventory engine processes that I mentioned below.

USE CASE:  Technician Parts Replenishment Request

1. Technician creates a Part Order and Part Order lines from their Stocking Location (Parts Order Status = Open)
  2. Tech submits the Parts Order (Parts Order Status = Submitted)**
  3. Inventory Manager or Parts Admin monitors the Parts Orders with Status = Submitted and “Processes the Shipment” which updates the Product Stock “In-Transit” bucket in the Techs Inventory location and sets the Parts Order Status = Shipped
  4. Tech receipts the parts using “Process Receipts” inventory process.  This moves the parts from the “In-Transit” bucket to the “Available” Product Stock bucket.  (Part Order Status = Completed and Part Order Lines = Completed)

Here is a link to the ServiceMax help which has some helpful information about configuring Inventory processes.  Inventory processes configure how the Inventory Engine receipts parts in inventory locations that I mentioned above.  ServiceMax Online Help 

**Note1: If you have an ERP interface then when the Parts Order Status=Submitted then this will trigger the ERP middleware interface to consume the Parts Order record and then the ERP would update the Part Order Status=Shipped when the ERP system ships the part.

Note2:  Make sure you have the Product flag called “Stockable” set to true.  This Flag indicates if this product is stockable. ServiceMax does not maintain inventory of non-stockable products.  If this flag is not set to true then your inventory processes to move parts to “In-Transit” and “Available” Product Stock buckets will not increment or decrement the Product Stock QTYs.

Here is an example the link to the ServiceMax YouTube channel which has some "how to" videos and search for your topic.

inventory​ custom inventory processes​ parts and inventory​ parts order​ partsreceipts​ processshipments​

0 Likes