Ability to Enter Commas and Periods in Numeric Values of Checklist for all Platforms

Ability to Enter Commas and Periods in Numeric Values of Checklist for all Platforms

In the United States, decimals are notated with periods (for example, 1.23), whereas most of Europe uses decimal commas (1,23). That is just one instance in which style rules in the United States clash with those in Europe.

Currently, in European countries except for the United Kingdom, the comma is used as the decimal separator. In the United Kingdom, the raised dot is used, and in the United States, the baseline dot is used. Australia and most Asian countries use the dot, South America uses the comma, and some parts of Africa use the dot and other parts, the comma.

As a global user of checklist, I would like the ability in all platforms to be able to enter a comma or a period in numeric answer types so that:

1. I am entering a value I am used to typing in my local country,

2. My customer can understand the value I have entered on an output document

3. My business can report on items and understand what I have entered in my local numeric value

Product Area?
Communities Mobile Field Service Management Parts Management Preventive Maintenance Reporting & Analytics Work Order Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Winter 17
1 Comment
Employee
Employee

This is a fun post, not addressing the issue.

Why don't we establish an international agreement right here in ServiceMax Community forums! The United States will finally move to the Metric system while the those countries that use 1.000,00 format will move to 1,000.00 format for numbers?

Why we haven't joined the international community in using the metric system is beyond me!