cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Download Criteria should work for records that lookup to the work order

Advanced Download Criteria should work for records that lookup to the work order

Currently, advanced download criteria works great for records the work order is related to, such as the account, installed product or case. These are all upwards in the relationship, because the work order looks up to the account or case etc.

This idea is to make this work for records lower down in the relationship, which appear as related lists on the work order and are records that lookup to the work order.

For example, we have a number of objects related to a work order (lookup relationships, not master-detail), that I want to be able to download via advanced download criteria. You can see here the related lists on the work order layout:

But we are unable to configure advanced download criteria to do this, so have had to implement a workaround that means new formula fields on each object (a download to mobile flag), and then had to create standard download criteria with a custom expression for each:

This would have all been avoided if advanced download criteria could work with objects related to a work order (which are not master detail relationships!)

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Ease of configuration
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
n/a
Product Area?
Other
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
11 Comments
Product Team
Product Team

I believe the current limitation is mostly due to prevent extremely long sync times - which is also mainly due to workarounds for force.com limitation. We will review this suggestion as part of the sync improvement initiative utilizing the Sync Gateway

Line Chef
Line Chef

Hi Adam,

We are trying to implement a similar rule in our organization o download Work Order related data to display to technician on iPAD/MFL but we are having issues.

We created a Download to mobile checkbox and have it checked as per user needs.

Created a download criteria to download records when the flag is checked. We see all the records for sometime but after that the other record disappear and only technician related data is left..

Any guidance, please.. can you share more information on your custom solution..

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hi Ankit,

Audit Capture is a custom object of ours that looks up to the work order. We download related records by setting the download criteria like this:

Then the formula field called "Download to Mobile" works like this:

Which basically says while the related WO is in a status that is not closed, and the work order is assigned to you, download the audit capture record.

Hope that helps!

Line Chef
Line Chef

Thanks Adam,

Thanks for detailed information..

Currently , I am using a checkbox on the related record which is supposed to be checked by user manually, So in MFL when I first sync the data all the related records are showing up correctly but as soon as the second sync happens the other records vanished and only the records which are owned by the technician are visible. I have selected 'All Records" in the downalod criteria for Work Order and also for the related object.

Download Criteria for Child record ("ServiceMax event")

First time Data Sync or when the other record which is owned by a different technician is edited:- we see all related records.

After the Second data Sync (Manual or by Data Synchronization setting) the other record disappears.

Is this something you have also encountered?

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

No I'm afraid that is not something that we have encountered. Have you tried raising a case with ServiceMax Support?

Line Chef
Line Chef

Not. right now. but we have asked our architect to look into this and raise a case with SVMX support. I will let you know if I got any update on this.. thanks for your time Adam Cooper

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

No problem, hopefully you get it sorted!

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hi Joseph, We have similar requirement to download Products related to Installed Products to be downloaded to Mobility Apps. We download all IPs of WO's Installed at Account using ADC but we are not able to download Products of these IPs. FSR need to see key attributes of Products while they are executing service at customer's site. Do you have any recommendations to download Products using ADC?

FSA downloads all Products of downloaded IPs due to Install base App where as Smartphone App don't. To address this issue we have created DC on products to download around 20K products instead of required 100-150 Products of the IPs downloaded.

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

schneider electric​

Product Team
Product Team

Sandeep Reddy Musku,

I don't see a direct way to download Products that is mentioned in your requirement.

I do have a related question - do you have a use-case that aligns with the idea ? If yes, I would like to connect to understand it. Please let me know. Thanks.