cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Get Price JavaScript can be adapted to Service Quote/Quote Items?

Can Get Price JavaScript can be adapted to Service Quote/Quote Items?  OOTB 'Get Price' feature is not available on Service Quote. You need to create a WO with estimate lines and then create quote from that WO.  I have a client who provides professional services and their business use case requires that a Service Quote Estimate is used prior to a Work Order being created.   This may already be on the Roadmap so let me know.

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
-
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
-
Product Area?
Other
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
3 Comments
Employee
Employee

I have had 4 clients so far that needed this functionality.  Because of the lack of Get Price on Service Quote, we must drive all Service Quotes through the Work Order and Get Price from there.  With the loss of the Case object, this will be the only solution available.  Service Quote should be available as a process that could originate from Account, Location or Installed Product, not just a Work Order.  With the addition of the Get Price code this would vastly improve the object's usefulness to customers.

Employee
Employee

This would allow more flexibility in the real world process flow where you don't want to generate unnecessary work orders before the quote is approved.

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Under Consideration

@munmun_malik/ @mike_monin , it'd be very helpful if you could provide some specific customers and use cases that demonstrate this requirement. I will add it to the consideration for future releases.