Coverage by WO Type

Coverage by WO Type

Hi ,

Sometimes part can have different discounts by the type of the work order.

For example:

If I consumed part X under preventive maintenance work order then the discount is 30%.

If I consumed same part X under intervention work order then the discount is 25%.

In current structure of servicemax the "Get price" script does not support this scenario. It simply checks if a "parts discount" instance exist under the contract and bring it to the wd line.

This fact forces us to use "Manual entitlement" and two different contracts. Also, we do not like to duplicate our products in to accommodate this requirement (part X-PM, part X-Intervention).

That would be great if you will be able to support it in the future.

Thanks

Nir

Product Area?
Communities Warranties & Contracts
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
6 Comments
Employee
Employee

Instead of using two different contracts, we can attach two Included Services to the same contract . In Included Service, instead of discount you an define how much coverage is to be given for Parts.  For Services, we can setup the qualification criteria based on WO type(Look for the fields 'Qualifying Criteria' in Available Services object and set the qualification criteria based on the type of WO).

Turn  Entitlement Verification ->Auto-Entitlement-Work Order ->  SET004 Enable Service based Entitlement to 'True'

Then try entitlement and "Get price" to see if the desired price is coming based on WO type

Please try this and see if that works for the scenario mentioned

Employee
Employee

Naveen PhilipNir Meltzer

The approach Naveen mentioned is how I have been able to have coverage by WO type previously.  Keep in mind 'Available Services' will need to be manually configured in production since they are not supported yet by the ServiceMax Migration Tool. 

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Hi Naveen,

Thanks, I am going to try it. It is nice from you to share how you overcame a similar requirement.

I really hope it will work.

One thing I noticed : I cannot choose a product, I simply mention in the included service instance that all products are covered with 50% for example.

Does it make sense? I need a discount on a specific part, not all of them.

Thanks

Nir

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Thanks Stephen, I will definitely keep it in mind.

Nir

Employee
Employee

If defined in this way and when you do Entitlement to this Service, all Parts will pick this 50% coverage. This is because we entitle Service based on Work Order Type. In Sum 15 release note, you can read a section on how to make use of Product Type also while defining Service. I hope referring that may help.

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Under Consideration