cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create product serviced lines for location coverage PMA

Create product serviced lines for location coverage PMA

We would like that when location coverage is used on PM plans, that a product serviced line is created for each IP.

There would be a setting so that a product serviced work details are created for each IP at that location.

Product Area?
Communities Preventive Maintenance Work Order Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Winter 18
3 Comments
Community Manager
Community Manager

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hi @martski !  

Thank you for this idea regarding Location Coverage Type for Preventive Maintenance Plan. It bears some similarities to an enhancement we have under consideration that would work as follows: 

• When utilizing a PM Plan with Coverage type = Location, we update the PM Plan functionality to only reference the Location on the Plan header record (in the location field)
  • Then, when a Work Order is generated from this PM Plan, it references the location field on the plan and dynamically maps all the IBs associated on that Location Record to Work Detail lines on the WO
  • This allows for future WOs generated from the PM Plan to map new IBs added to the location, without having to make manual updates to the PM Plan itself. 

Does this solution sound like it would resolve your idea requirements? Is there anything about this proposed solution that might be a gap to you? Please let me know, and I'll work on developing this enhancement through our product backlog. 

Many thanks,

Lacy Cotton-Hodgson

Fry Chef martski
Fry Chef

Hi @lacy_cotton !

Thanks for the response.

This sounds good, though there seems to be a gap in that we can have multiple locations on a PM plan. What you have described seems to allow only one location per PM plan. We do not use the location field on the header of the PM plan, rather we use covered locations. In this way, it creates product serviced lines for IBs at all the covered locations.

If the enhancement could be adjusted to handle this situation and look at the covered locations instead, then we would definitely use it. If it remains as you have described, I am doubtful if we could use it, I would need to discuss this with business colleagues.

Regards
Martin Curtis