Decimal point

Hi ,

Add the ability to choose what fields should have decimals and what shouldn't.

Example: discount field in work detail is without decimal but a lot of customers would like to see decimal places.

We can't do it as it is out of the box servicemax field. (installed package)

Thanks

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
-
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
-
Product Area?
Communities Parts Management Returns Management & Depot Repair
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
7 Comments
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

More generally, let us choose the number of decimals to be displayed : 0, 1, 2 or even 3 ?

Retired
Retired

Also get away from, or be able to adjust the number of decimal points in output docs.  Current default is three decimal places (i.e $3,715.368). 

Not a great output for customer billing.

Employee
Employee

Kevin Maufer​  ,

As an alternative you can round in output docs using ServiceMax functions. 

https://userdocs.servicemax.com/ServiceMaxHelp/Summer16/en_us/svmxhlp.htm#SmartDocs/HowToUseSmartDoc...

Line Chef
Line Chef

Currently, the 'Discount' field in work detail object is without decimals and this is managed package code and cannot be changed without a change to the product.

However, in our company, we do use discounts with decimals. Can this be looked at and adjusted in the managed package code?

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

LNUMBER function is a newer one and is super clutch - avoids having to use crazy formulas for force currency rounding - currently using it in ALL of our customer-facing output documents (Service Report, Contract Quote, Contract Renewal Letters, etc.)

Highly recommend trying it out!  I even put in a request to have it integrated in to the standard output document for other ServiceMax admins/customers to emulate

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Thank you!  This helped me out.

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

We are using the Round function to limit values to 2 decimals in our output documents, and the value of the field is restricted to 2 decimals in Salesforce. However, we realized that the actual value of the field is sometimes more than 2 decimals in the back-end database which is causing some issues with our SAP integration. It would be ideal to be able to restrict the decimals via a setting.