Bayer is seeking an Enhancement Request for a known issue regarding the "Enable Scheduling" Checkbox located on the Technician Record Object in SVMX.
It is understood that this checkbox should restrict the ability to dispatch a technician on the dispatch console when it is set to FALSE. However, as of right now, this checkbox only works as intended if there is no Active Salesforce User associated to the Technician Record via the SFDC User Lookup Field.
The Enhancement would be to update this functionality so that the "Enable Scheduling" checkbox effectively restricts scheduling for ALL Technician Records, regardless of whether they have an active user license associated to them or not.
Steps to recreate:
1. Log into an org
2. Locate a Service Team with Techncicians, that you have Dispatcher Access to
3. Access one of the Tech records to ensure they have an active SFDC user license associated to the record
4. uncheck the "enable scheduling" checkbox on the tech's record
5. navigate to the Dispatch Console
6. Schedule the Technician despite the fact that they have their "enable scheduling" checkbox unchecked.
What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
effectively restricting scheduling for ALL Technician Records, regardless of whether they have an active user license associated to them or not
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
For the time being, we are advising the customer on alternative methods for keeping the tech from being scheduled, but they are insistent about this improvement to the functionality.