cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable possibility for within SFM transaction to capture inline images and rich text attrbutes

Enable possibility for within SFM transaction to capture inline images and rich text attrbutes

0 Likes

While SFMs are used to collect data entry from users, only plain text can be entered by users.

Same way salesforce supports capturing of rich text, it would be useful to allow at least captyring of bold font formatted text as well as inline attachments between text:

rich text.jpg

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
The possibility for an technician to clearly explain a the problem while escalating a case to another technician, including rich text and pictures
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Users can only capture plan text in fields
Product Area?
Remote and Field Service Delivery
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
3 Comments
Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Not Planned

Hi Athanasios: This is not something we are planning at this time. We do support attachments, which can deliver part of what you ask. 

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Thanks for the response, but attachments is not meeting the business need here.

We are using new technology, so engineers, should be allowd to document an action plan, without just using text.

Asking to use MS Word to have this funtionality, and attach the file in ServiceMax, is not a lean way to achieve this business need.

Product Team
Product Team

I understand your frustration. Notes and descriptions in ServiceMax objects are defined as non-formatted Long Text fields in Salesforce. According to the engineers I spoke to, these fields cannot be redefined to the newer Text Area (Rich) field type. So we'd need to add new text fields to our object definition. Next, we'd have to migrate all the existing data from the old fields to the new. And then we'd need to make sure all our apps and views supported rich text creation AND point them at the new fields. And we'd have to release this all at once and work with customers to ensure they understood the process to implement.

Not a small task! 

As a UX designer, I agree with you that Rich Text is something that makes communication more effective and I'd love to see us move in that direction. 

I will continue to bring this to the attention of product management and engineering in the future.