cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floating PM Schedules - Next run based on last completed + frequency

Currently,  PM schedules are based on intervals that are based on the initial setup of the plan rather than the actual completion dates for the scheduled work.  In some environments, if the planned schedule date (+/- tolerance range) is missed, the next PM should be scheduled at WO Completion + PM Frequency.  This scheduling model is not currently supported.  Instead, the next work order is created based on the date that the last work order was created.  See quarterly scheduling model below for an initial run in which the first work order was due on 2/1/2014 and the lead time to create the work order is 3 days before the due date:

Fixed Scheduled - New WOs created at same interval regardless of completion date

WO Completed
Next WO  CreatedNext WO Due ON
2/24/20144/29/20145/1/2014
5/5/20147/29/20148/1/2014
8/15/201410/29/201411/1/2014
11/1/20141/29/20142/1/2014

Floating Schedule - New WOs created on dynamically adjusting scheduled based on WO completion + Frequency

WO CompletedNext WO Created Next WO Due On
2/24/20145/21/20145/24/2014
5/25/20148/22/20148/25/2014
8/24/201411/21/201411/24/2014
11/24/20142/24/20142/27/2014
What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
-
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
-
Product Area?
Preventive Maintenance
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
9 Comments

We encounter both requirements but the floating schedule is certainly more common as it's the most flexible.

Employee
Employee

I have to agree that the floating schedule is very frequently requested.  I believe that some trigger based solutions have been developed for individual clients, perhaps they could be leveraged for productization?

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Like it, i would say this more relevant than the fixed schedule, for the majority of our PM Plans, as often a PM will have a lower priority than a fix visit, so is more likely to be bounced.

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

I support this totally, and it is normally an option in service management applications.

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Any updates on this?

Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

Adam Cooper​ The latest update on this was made on Jan 6 and the update is that Product has reviewed and it is on the Roadmap. 

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Ok thanks, the comments were quite old and I didn't know what exactly was last modified on Jan 7th. Might be good practice to add a comment whenever the status is updated so its date/time stamped and more detail can be added?

Employee
Employee

Dynamic time based schedule functionality was delivered as part of winter 17 release. This allows admin to set up two different modes to dynamically move the schedule of the next PM work order in case the current WO is delayed. Two modes are:

1. Actual - Move the next work order according to the actual delay in current work order. eg. If current WO is fulfilled 10 days later, next WO schedule is moved by 10 days.

2. Fixed - Move the next work order a fixed number of days if current work order is delayed within a certain range. eg. if current WO is delayed by 15 days, move the next WO schedule by only a fixed amount, lets say 10 days.

PS: Schedule is dynamically adjusted only if there is a delay. If WO is fulfilled ahead of schedule, there is no change to schedule of next WO.

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

We have created a new PM Plan Template and configured it to be "Dynamic" what we want is exactly as Tushar suggests above, a WO to be delayed if the current WO is completed later than originally planned:

But, this plan template doesn't work - to me, it is configured correctly, but isn't delaying next PM WO creation due date when we complete the WO late? Are we missing something?