cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form-Fill Type Functionality on Date/Time Entry Field

Request:  Allow ability to link Start Date/Time and End Date/Time.  Behavior allowed to set End Date/Time = Start Date/Time + 15mins/30mins/etc.

1. Currently the mappings for Start Date and Time are NOW(), YESTERDAY() and TODAY().  This means if I’m doing work today for 3 days ago, each line and entry I have to set back exactly the same as I did on the preceding line. 
  2. Effectively we’d want a form-fill type function where when I fill Start Date/Time = 5/17/17 04:00 AM, then End Date/Time should update to 5/17/17 04:15 AM by default (based on configuration setting).
  3. At minimum, we'd want to default End Date = Start Date
  4. This is required to not have to adjust date repeatedly on every line as this is considerable NVA activity.

TimeDefaults.jpg

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Redundant and non-value add activity surrounding time entry.
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Cannot be addressed today
Product Area?
Work Order Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
6 Comments
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Online SFMs and FSA/MFL

Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

@Anita_Dsouza this idea is "under product team review", is there any plan to get this on the roadmap or would you need to speak with the customer some more to understand the use case?

Product Team
Product Team

@pmhodgson - From ServiceMax 19.1, FSA has introduced the capability to execute custom JavaScript snippets. This JavaScript snippet can be used to retrieve records from the local / client database and execute custom logic on the records. You can find more information in our User Guide along with an example for Start and End date/time update. Hope this helps.

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Delivered

Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

@nick_sauer would a custom javascript meet your need here?

Product Team
Product Team

@nick_sauer 

FSA 3.6.0 supports APIs that can be used in JS custom snippets with custom logic.  The exact use-case mentioned in this idea is addressed in FSA and a sample snippet is also made available that can be used almost as is. Moreover snippets have full offline capability!

Sample here : https://help.servicemax.com/articles/#!servicemax-19-2-consolidated-help/scenario-4

Blog here : https://community.servicemax.com/t5/Mobile-Discussions/JavaScript-Snippets-Contd/m-p/16849#M1608

Web and ServiceMax Go mobile app have to catchup to leverage these new APIs!! @Anita_Dsouza @shivaranjini_g @pmhodgson